• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

When 35 million people have diversity instead of something in common....

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by chuckChuck View Post
    We share in the responsibility to improve their lives.
    ....isn't it ironic that's why the residential schools were set up in the first place

Comment

Originally posted by A990 View Post
      ....isn't it ironic that's why the residential schools were set up in the first place
      To drag them kicking and screaming OUT OF THE STONE AGE! If nothing was done and they still lived as hundreds of years ago, how would that be viewed?

Comment

Originally posted by chuckChuck View Post
        Their parents were sent to residential schools to be abused and assimilated and told that there culture was bad. They still suffer discrmination and racism today.
        You should have seen the school my dad went to. You wouldn't even be able to tell the difference. His parents spoke German, English was beat into him. Catholic church in your face every day. Sound familiar?

The chiefs who signed the treaties wanted their people to learn the white mans ways. Guess that's never meant to be and they should have told us 150 yrs ago.

Comment

Originally posted by fjlip View Post
          To drag them kicking and screaming OUT OF THE STONE AGE! If nothing was done and they still lived as hundreds of years ago, how would that be viewed?
          ..actually the point i was trying to make was we're really not very good at engineering social machinery to try to improve a situation... it usually doesn't work very well

i should say we're not good engineering from top down... better at an individual level
          Last edited by A990; Nov 13, 2019, 11:52.

Comment

Originally posted by jazz View Post
            You should have seen the school my dad went to. You wouldn't even be able to tell the difference. His parents spoke German, English was beat into him. Catholic church in your face every day. Sound familiar?

The chiefs who signed the treaties wanted their people to learn the white mans ways. Guess that's never meant to be and they should have told us 150 yrs ago.
            jazz, Did your dad’s school have a Cemetery too like the residential schools?

Comment

Originally posted by mustardman View Post
              jazz, Did your dad’s school have a Cemetery too like the residential schools?
              There were cemeteries all over the rural back roads. One in town too.

Are you asserting that residential schools killed kids?

Comment

I don't recall my dad getting a cheque from the polish priests for beating on him in the old country, or him expecting one.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                • Return to Topic List
                Working...