• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Donald's facing a penalty

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have looked forward to coaches corner over the years , more to see what suit he is wearing and to hear his comments. He is passionate about a few things and is easily fired up. Rememberance day is but once a year and we need to promote it as it was established as, a time that men and women came together to fight and stand up for freedom and the life we new and wanted to keep. A person can keep talking, but we have immigrants leaving their countries because of unrest and over crowding, looking for a new start, same as everyone that originally came to North America. Problem being they aren’t making the same effort to fit in and are being allowed to. Was never an issue with previous generation, was more than grateful for being here. Some were along the way, immigrants have lost reason why they came , and are creating their problems here now😞. This is one time of year we need to drive it home to everyone to be grateful for what we have and the sacrifices made to keep it 👍

Comment

pretty funny , bobby orr, many others telling these creampuffs they are full of shit
      Humboldt bronco player in rehab refuse to speak to CTV until that crazy wicked out woman that hates young white hockey players is fired

Comment

I hate haters, so does that mean I generalize?

Comment

From Chuck:
          “The immigrant farmers who settled the prairies worked very hard. They came for the chance to own their own land and to make a better their life. They were given land as homesteaders.

Everyone who was later born in Canada also benefited greatly from their hard work and sacrifices. Almost all the farmers on this site would have been helped by their parents and their community. Very few of todays farmers built their farm on their own with no help.”

Well, not quite that easy Chuck. Homesteaders had to file with the government and pay a fee for the quarter section. Then had to prove up on it, with improvements, breaking and planting a certain number of acres each year for 3 years, as well as other buildings. I’m not sure of all requirements, not all were successful.
          On retirement they usually sold to a family member. In the eighties with interest rates in the teens, I know of many families where sons had bought from fathers, they lost the family farm, and not from being poor farmers.
          Not always easy here in the land of milk and honey.

Comment

Or in the land of **** and honey either

Comment

Originally posted by samhill View Post
              From Chuck:
              “The immigrant farmers who settled the prairies worked very hard. They came for the chance to own their own land and to make a better their life. They were given land as homesteaders.

Everyone who was later born in Canada also benefited greatly from their hard work and sacrifices. Almost all the farmers on this site would have been helped by their parents and their community. Very few of todays farmers built their farm on their own with no help.”

Well, not quite that easy Chuck. Homesteaders had to file with the government and pay a fee for the quarter section. Then had to prove up on it, with improvements, breaking and planting a certain number of acres each year for 3 years, as well as other buildings. I’m not sure of all requirements, not all were successful.
              On retirement they usually sold to a family member. In the eighties with interest rates in the teens, I know of many families where sons had bought from fathers, they lost the family farm, and not from being poor farmers.
              Not always easy here in the land of milk and honey.
              So true. My ancestors that settled here were farmers from Ontario and Manitoba so they had some experience but still it was a challenge to adapt to the shorter season, proving up their “given” land, and dealing with froze out crops until earlier maturing wheat was developed. To say land was given is myopic bullshit from someone who has no bloody idea. The ones that had it even harder were the ones who came out of the cities with no clue of farming. Some made it but lots didn’t. Old guy told me the Eastern Europeans took the heavy ground cause they mostly come from farming backgrounds and knew it would produce. Even though it pulled heavy. The poor Englishmen from the cities took the blow sand cause it pulled easy.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
              • Return to Topic List
              Working...