• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A note to Western Canada: The rest of the country understands tough economic times

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by caseih View Post
    Between 2007 and 2017, Statistics Canada figures show that Canada imported a total of $20.9 billion of Saudi Arabian petroleum oils. For context, this is almost precisely what Canada spends on its military per year. It's also way more than the expected $15.7 billion cost of the Energy East pipeline.

this is all good right ? chuck, dml?
    you guys ****en amaze me
    That does not say the government of Canada imported 20.9 billion of SA oils. If you really believe it was the government that imported this amount, show me the 20.9 billion expense in Canada's financial reports. Or show me what the Canadian government did with the 20.9 billion of crude it bought - where is it stored or who did the government sell it to and what did they receive for it

If you honestly believe that the Canadian government and not private industry bought the SA crude because of the statement you posted you must also believe it was all Canadian government farms that "In 2015, Canada surpassed $8.9 billion a year in canola exports" A I don't know of any government canola farms in my area, must be all in yours.

Comment

Originally posted by dmlfarmer View Post
      That does not say the government of Canada imported 20.9 billion of SA oils. If you really believe it was the government that imported this amount, show me the 20.9 billion expense in Canada's financial reports. Or show me what the Canadian government did with the 20.9 billion of crude it bought - where is it stored or who did the government sell it to and what did they receive for it

If you honestly believe that the Canadian government and not private industry bought the SA crude because of the statement you posted you must also believe it was all Canadian government farms that "In 2015, Canada surpassed $8.9 billion a year in canola exports" A I don't know of any government canola farms in my area, must be all in yours.
      give me a break , what I'm saying is , the govt should of said use canadian oil or no trans payments
      again does the govt let you buy cheap US fuel or gas for your farm bulk tanks , no they ****en well don't
      and again why is there no tanker ban on the east coast
      and that oil flows in here with no tariffs or SFA, just to **** western canada , again , are you that naive?

Comment

DML is clearly sticking up for Trudeau and the Liberals again so we will have to excuse him.
        What should happen is if Saudi Arabia has sanctions against our wheat and barley we should apply a 1000% tariff on their oil going to eastern Canada.

Buying oil from the Middle East is supporting radical Islamic terrorism, oppressive regimes stoning women, other barbaric practices and other minor details that PM Blackface is okay with.

Comment

Originally posted by Oliver88 View Post
          DML is clearly sticking up for Trudeau and the Liberals again so we will have to excuse him.
          Yeah we are going to have to chalk this one up to dml got stunned by Trudeaus hair, cause logic and facts don't register with him. He would be right at home in the GTA.

Comment

The Greens and Elizabeth May were in support of using Canadian oil in eastern Canada instead of saudi oil.

So am I.

Its a good idea if the economics and infrastructure is there to support it.

Energy East was cancelled by Trans Canada. With three other large pipelines coming on it wasn't clear whether it was needed or economic, plus there was a lot of opposition along the route.

Is Irving oil willing to support the switch? Can eastern refineries handle tar sands crude?

https://www.nationalobserver.com/2018/10/05/news/who-prime-suspect-death-energy-east

“People who really study energy markets and oil prices… have said that because of where the price is now — it’s come back up but it’s lower than where it was when this project was conceived — the growth in production in the oilsands is forecast to be slower. It will still grow but more slowly, and at that current rate of growth, the case for three pipelines is not there. There would be a need for two.”

Right now, there are three other Canadian export pipelines in various stages of development, including Enbridge's Line 3, which goes from Alberta to Superior, Wisconsin, TransCanada's Keystone XL, which links Alberta producers to the gulf coast of Texas, and the Trans Mountain expansion project, now owned by the Canadian government, which if built would transport oil to a terminal in Burnaby, which is in the Vancouver region.

Using oilpatch data, the federal budget in 2018 released numbers showing that the oilpatch wouldn't need all of these pipelines, at least for a decade.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/bloc-quebecois-pipeline-fact-check-1.5306970

"But the single-biggest blow to the already unpopular pipeline's fortunes in Quebec might have been revelations in the summer of 2016, that three members of the NEB had discussed the project with former premier Quebec Jean Charest while he was acting as a consultant to TransCanada.

The unpublicized meeting, first reported by the Vancouver-based National Observer, sparked outrage across the province and, that August, two days of public hearings in Montreal had to be cancelled after violent protests. All future meetings were suspended pending an administrative review, and in early September, the NEB members who had met Charest stepped down over the perceived conflict of interest.

When a new review panel was struck in early 2017, its first order of business was to toss out all the decisions that had been made by the previous NEB reviewers, effectively restarting the approval process from scratch.

TransCanada threw in the towel on the project on Oct. 5, 2017 citing "changed circumstances," not the least of which was the slumping price of oil — down almost $40 a barrel from when the pipeline was first proposed. "

Comment

Stop posting CBC drivel. They know nothing about the oil business.

Refineries can be retrofitted to handle a mix of sweet and heavy. They want that option. Thats why Ab heavy is going into the states, it lets them use a cheaper feedstock and not have to dedicate all to light sweet. Surprise the world doesnt want all sweet crude.

Common carrier pipeline projects do not get to the approval stage without committed volumes. TransCanada doesn't sell oil, it just ships it. The producers make the commitments and they were already there.

Wake up because Liz May wants to use Canadian crude while shutting it down.

The project was scuttled by Montreal pure and simple. Pipeline ran too close to that Marxist hellhole. Period, no other reason.

Comment

From the National Observer
                "Right now, there are three other Canadian export pipelines in various stages of development, including Enbridge's Line 3, which goes from Alberta to Superior, Wisconsin, TransCanada's Keystone XL, which links Alberta producers to the gulf coast of Texas, and the Trans Mountain expansion project, now owned by the Canadian government, which if built would transport oil to a terminal in Burnaby, which is in the Vancouver region.

Using oilpatch data, the federal budget in 2018 released numbers showing that the oilpatch wouldn't need all of these pipelines, at least for a decade."

Comment

Why would Alberta want to collect it's own taxes when Ottawa does it for free? Well holly shit good TV watching this morning.

Comment

Originally posted by chuckChuck View Post
                    From the National Observer
                    "Right now, there are three other Canadian export pipelines in various stages of development, including Enbridge's Line 3, which goes from Alberta to Superior, Wisconsin, TransCanada's Keystone XL, which links Alberta producers to the gulf coast of Texas, and the Trans Mountain expansion project, now owned by the Canadian government, which if built would transport oil to a terminal in Burnaby, which is in the Vancouver region.

Using oilpatch data, the federal budget in 2018 released numbers showing that the oilpatch wouldn't need all of these pipelines, at least for a decade."
                    National Observer is described as a "daily news site covering issues like government, the environment, health, climate change, and human rights, all with a progressive bent"

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/National_Observer_(Canada) https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/National_Observer_(Canada)

Comment

Originally posted by 6V53 View Post
                      Why would Alberta want to collect it's own taxes when Ottawa does it for free? Well holly shit good TV watching this morning.
                      Its not free ....there are plenty of people working in the federal government and do not want that to change...which is why they vote liberal in federal government employee ridings...

Comment

Originally posted by 6V53 View Post
                        Or start it's own police force just to double up the bureaucracy. I can however see the case for it's own pension plan though.

Comment

Originally posted by GDR View Post
                          Or start it's own police force just to double up the bureaucracy. I can however see the case for it's own pension plan though.
                          What's your answer for the 13 Billion dollar transfer payment?

Comment

Ab isnt asking for moon here. Some leeway on CO2 mitigations, lighten the regs, redistribute equalization better and another pipeline ROW to tide water so they have options off both coasts. Do that and I don't think Ab would challenge anything.
                            Last edited by jazz; Nov 10, 2019, 10:38.

Comment

Someone explain why Alberta should not have the same as Quebec.....
                              Waiting.......

It's so much more than a stupid pipeline. Merely one side effect of the disease.
                              Last edited by blackpowder; Nov 10, 2019, 11:10.

Comment

I agree all you left wing fools explain why sask and Alberta shouldn’t have the same deal as Quebec. Enough of the bullshit copy and paste just explain why one province should have special status and the rest should be shit on.

Please explain

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                                • Return to Topic List
                                Working...