• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Vertical till

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Richard5 View Post
    Seldom, if you were interested in one of these your should have bought at the last saskatoom sale. Somebody dumped 4 units, 60ft i think with NH3 kits. 175,000 each. Some dealer took a bath or some farm(s) must be rolling in piles of cash to send them to auction
    60 feet would take crazy power to pull. A friend here pulls a 40 with a 600 quad and says that takes all the power he has!

Comment

Originally posted by seldomseen View Post
      60 feet would take crazy power to pull. A friend here pulls a 40 with a 600 quad and says that takes all the power he has!
      Its OBVIOUS he needs a bigger tractor!

Comment

Oh yeah, will stall out a 600 quad no problem, got to watch your depth. The 90' heavy harrow really makes her snort. Love the smell of burning diesel fuel.
        Last edited by MBgrower; Nov 6, 2019, 18:51.

Comment

Originally posted by MBgrower View Post
          Oh yeah, will stall out a 600 quad no problem, got to watch your depth. The 90' heavy harrow really makes her snort. Love the smell of burning diesel fuel.
          Ah yes. Nothing like rollin’ some coal with a tuned up Cummins till ya torque off an axel tube and shaft. Good times😎

Comment

So if it takes 600 HP for a 40 foot what would you hook on a 60 foot?

Comment

Well, that is obvious, you would hook 2 of 450 HP tractors on the 60 foot. Dumb question... Or 3 300 HP.

Comment

I run a 550 Vers with a 41’ 5 section 4100. It is a good match, but I don’t have the shanks. I think it could still handle the shanks but not fast, just guessing, maybe 5mph max. Probably not fast enough to get the nice levelling.

Comment

Just pull the 60' slower the neighbours will never notice that your covering the same ground as 40'. They will be impressed with the size of your tool.

Comment

I have been told adding the shanks really makes them pull heavy.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                    • Return to Topic List
                    Working...