• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Has it begun?, or is this all its worth?

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Has it begun?, or is this all its worth?

Click image for larger version

Name:	555A89F1-C416-4509-AF5D-C3994832D49A.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	18.0 KB
ID:	779222Click image for larger version

Name:	432292CB-BC5F-4202-879D-F9BE9F708A03.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	16.6 KB
ID:	779223

RB sale 15 miles north of P.A.

Comment

Remember, land prices won't go down.....because some people said so!!

Comment

not the best land but holy shit , seems cheap?
        close to city?
        maybe some locals on here can comment ?

Comment

Is this land extremely sandy?

Comment

Top notch real estate in the special areas capable of 30bu/ac cereals on stubble according to crop insurance going for 3x that... or at least it used to?

Comment

Originally posted by caseih View Post
              not the best land but holy shit , seems cheap?
              close to city?
              maybe some locals on here can comment ?
              Im closer then you are but for me to farm it, crossing the bridge would be an absolute rodeo while everyone is trying to get to the lake. I didn't look up the exact location but there would be some sand, wouldn't say excessively light soil as it pulls extra rain being that close to the river. It also attracts hail. Im guessing Lingenfelter and Monette sat this one out, they are likely within half an hour away, or closer, but rumour this spring was all the quads had technical difficulty due to being parked too close to the road. It hasnt been easy sledding around there the last 10 years, bad flooding, lots of spring harvest, green canola, it's just finally catching up. There was no gravy train and big yields, just a struggle since about 09. It's also a very long way to a competitive bid for grain. They have a viterra that's always a couple nickels or dimes less then Melfort or cost of trucking to stoon. There's a real lack of anyone actively buying grain up there, Bunge Nipawin or Carlton Trail Richardson likely pull the majority out of the area. That's about all i know. My opinion is it's starting. It's worth more then what the seller received just from what i know the area is capable of producing when weather straightens out.
              Last edited by macdon02; Nov 5, 2019, 01:02.

Comment

Originally posted by macdon02 View Post
                Im closer then you are but for me to farm it, crossing the bridge would be an absolute rodeo while everyone is trying to get to the lake. I didn't look up the exact location but there would be some sand, wouldn't say excessively light soil as it pulls extra rain being that close to the river. It also attracts hail. Im guessing Lingenfelter and Monette sat this one out, they are likely within half an hour away, or closer, but rumour this spring was all the quads had technical difficulty due to being parked too close to the road. It hasnt been easy sledding around there the last 10 years, bad flooding, lots of spring harvest, green canola, it's just finally catching up. There was no gravy train and big yields, just a struggle since about 09. It's also a very long way to a competitive bid for grain. They have a viterra that's always a couple nickels or dimes less then Melfort or cost of trucking to stoon. There's a real lack of anyone actively buying grain up there, Bunge Nipawin or Carlton Trail Richardson likely pull the majority out of the area. That's about all i know. My opinion is it's starting. It's worth more then what the seller received just from what i know the area is capable of producing when weather straightens out.
                What do you mean technical difficulties like tampered with?

Comment

Things have hit the fan south in the mid west.Daughter who is close to North portal had a North Dakota farmer wanting to buy it all after the snow.He had to back out cause bank would not give the money.He said 40 farmers in his area have recently went bankrupt.Sounds like major write downs to me.

Comment

North Dakota farmer wanting to buy all her hay.

Comment

"He said 40 farmers in his area have recently went bankrupt.Sounds like major write downs to me. "

So the $30 Billion aid from Trump isn't enough to keep them from being casualties of his trade war.

Not so rosy as some Agriviller's make it sound south of the 49th.

Comment

Doesn't seem to be much land trading around here.
                        Calm before the storm?
                        Feeling a bit toppy?
                        People still shell-shocked from the "harvest from hell" or still actually in the fiery pit?
                        Commodity prices are still generally poor.
                        Have inputs fallen to match grain commodity devaluation?

Those are a different set of ingredients than the ones that elevated land rent and values to where there "were"!

Comment

I see you liked that post sf3. That's ok, but I dont see the advantages of 85,0000 dollar a quarter land. Is that going to be ok for you when or if you sell out. Farm land prices are the only hope for alot of people to get anything out of their life long investment and hard work now. Equipment gets you no return in the end. New diesel 1 ton over a hundred grand, just as an example, but no one complains they just buy it. Farmers eating their own again. A quarter of land should be worth less than a used diesel truck? Look, I wouldnt buy land for 400,000 or more a quarter either but there has to be some middle ground. In your area sf3 land is listed for 600,000 plus a quarter, there's no way that pencils out no matter what your situation is, but if some Chinese investor wants to pay someone that for their life's work then good for them. What needs to happen in agriculture is for the input and grain buying companies to stop working together for their own profit. Everyone buys grain for the same price, and sells inputs for roughly the same price. It's like gas station COLLUSION. How you fix it, I dont know. At least you can buy equipment used, at auction, privately and set your own prices that way but selling grain, buying fuel, fertilizer and chemical, you are at the mercy of the powers that be who make up the prices. So in a nutshell your only way out of a tough situation or a retirement or other personal reasons is what you have built up into your land.

Comment

well a little 100 hp case FWA with a loader , 12 yrs old sold for $25k less than the lowest quarter
                            4 yr old chev 1 ton flat deck , diesel, same

Comment

Ask the question who? Who is the buyer? Foreign ivestment is gone. Any young pups looking to get big? Not around here and the young pups are age 40-50. I think they will take over their parents place and do without an expansion that will just be hard to handle. Some are working on the side and arent ready for a full time show yet.

So it might be crickets for a while.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...