• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

farm stress line calls....

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Partners View Post
    Plus we are the smallest farmers in the area.so it makes sense we should be bought out.we only in the way.
    Yup ...your comments make sense now....I certainly understand....one of the reasons I don't coffee much anymore....out of sight ..out of mind....

Comment

Originally posted by Partners View Post
      Plus we are the smallest farmers in the area.so it makes sense we should be bought out.we only in the way.
      Good point. What does the farm stress line say when a farmer calls in? Do they present a loose plan to overcome the short term stress? Are there resources a person can explore to help with the stress? Regular exercise, meditation, yoga, proper diet? These are actions some regular citizens take in order to successfully get through their days.

The next question is, when does a person sell the farm? There are places in Sask where farmers are buying/selling at $500,000 per 155 acre quarters. It seems like a person could sell, relocate and buy another 30% more land in a different area. Or else rent it out and live reasonably well if they are careful. Its not something to dwell on but why not say yes when land prices are good instead of not as good?

Comment

There’s a farm for sale in Mexico, just need armoured tanks and machine guns to get there.

Comment

Originally posted by sumdumguy View Post
          There’s a farm for sale in Mexico, just need armoured tanks and machine guns to get there.
          Way off topic but you mentioned Mexico......

The mexican Mennonites are all over up here spending big.....I think if it gets resold....the money is cleaned.....that's the play even at a loss....

And who wouldn't trust a family from Mexico with barely enough to clothe themselves paying top dollar for land....

It's so nice to see politicians are stupid and don't know what's going on or pretend they don't which makes them even more incompetent. ...

Comment

Originally posted by chuckChuck View Post
            The weather and financial stress is real and dangerous to our health.

You should rephrase that question because no individual or politician controls the weather or markets.

What is causing the stress is the better question.

Ed White in his piece wrote about the end of the commodity boom.

Errol clarified that China's exceptional growth and decline has had a big impact on commodity prices.

Many on this site want to lay the blame on politicians.

Was Harper responsible for the commodity boom? I don't think so.
            Harper was friendly to trade deals .. so yes it helped .
            Trudeau basically single handily pissed off most of our major trading partners... so that did not help

Boom or bust , politics plays a huge role in the net returns for farms .... both here and the US or any exporting country. So politics do control prices but have major influence on what happens to our bottom line . Ask the dairy producers ..... policy rules .

Comment

"What does the farm stress line say when a farmer calls in"

Probably same as one could read here, don't dwell on it, do your best, all those in deep shit need is someone to listen. Sharing makes you realize some are worse off, lots like you. Afraid no easy answers unless they say QUIT. Make the best decisions for you and yours. Lived through lots of CRAPPY times/weather /markets in last 50 years of farming.

Comment

Originally posted by fjlip View Post
                "What does the farm stress line say when a farmer calls in"

Probably same as one could read here, don't dwell on it, do your best, all those in deep shit need is someone to listen. Sharing makes you realize some are worse off, lots like you. Afraid no easy answers unless they say QUIT. Make the best decisions for you and yours. Lived through lots of CRAPPY times/weather /markets in last 50 years of farming.
                What pisses me off is they recognize the issue with the increase in calls and what percentage of that do you think it represents....how many don't speak up.....they deal with it privately....

My guess is they know the problem at both the federal and provincial level and choose to do nothing ...

but listen to Brad Wall to fund the abandoned well program so farm boys can make a little money....

Its all a little stupid.....

Comment

Accepting its no longer the fairy tales years may be hard for some.

Bucket, farmers aren't under any more stress then anyone else.

Comment

Originally posted by wiseguy
                    sask crop insurance promotes the phoning of the farm stress line !

There's not enough phones in sask to handle the stress they cause !
                    Oh yeah the CEO of SCIC sends out a video with a reference to the farm stress line and agristabilty....neither will help...

This is a financial problem even if you had good crops but got downgraded ...farmers are out a fair chunk of change and if its tough grain there may not be a market ...better for it to be in the field....

Comment

Originally posted by chuckChuck View Post
                      The weather and financial stress is real and dangerous to our health.

You should rephrase that question because no individual or politician controls the weather or markets.

What is causing the stress is the better question.

Ed White in his piece wrote about the end of the commodity boom.

Errol clarified that China's exceptional growth and decline has had a big impact on commodity prices.

Many on this site want to lay the blame on politicians.

Was Harper responsible for the commodity boom? I don't think so.
                      I don't feel Farmers have a problem understanding that the commodity boom has ended. In the long run farmers are resilient and will find a way for positive margins again.

I feel the animosity towards politicians is the constant double standards that we see with regards to policy.

Producers are always at the front end of booms and busts in agriculture. The pain will soon be felt by everyone else from Land Owners to machinery manufacturing and agricultural service providers and ultimately government in the way of tax collection.

Comment

Originally posted by mbratrud View Post
                        I don't feel Farmers have a problem understanding that the commodity boom has ended. In the long run farmers are resilient and will find a way for positive margins again.

I feel the animosity towards politicians is the constant double standards that we see with regards to policy.

Producers are always at the front end of booms and busts in agriculture. The pain will soon be felt by everyone else from Land Owners to machinery manufacturing and agricultural service providers and ultimately government in the way of tax collection.
                        Nope there has been plenty of money for the other industries that are related to agriculture....let me name a few

1. Morris Industries received millions
                        2. DOT received 5 million not too long ago
                        3. AGT received 117 million
                        4. Irrigation districts are receiving 40 bucks an acre for 5 years... BTW the local was on the inside of that deal....thanks to BFBB.
                        5. Evraz received 40 million ...steel for plenty of farm machinery
                        6. Funding of farm shows
                        7. funding for a information day for a select few instead of being interactive....
                        8. Pulse canada received 3 million not long ago

etc etc....

Never a performance standard put on those handouts but give money to farmers and the public goes nuts because a guy buys a new halfton...

Lots of people on the government tit in the name of agriculture

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                        • Return to Topic List
                        Working...