• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

farm stress line calls....

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

farm stress line calls....

Are up significantly.....Do farmers ever hear of a nurse stress line , or a government employee stress line or a steel worker stress line.....or any other profession that can recoup their costs from consumers or a union contract...

This is a financial hardship as they point out....why doesn't anyone think its time for governments to quit ignoring the problem....

The government can't make guys grain number one and dry so the losses are significant....feed and tough....maybe some MPs or MLAs could start thinking about the impact....

I have made my peace with the weather but not my govt. They are the source of way more stress.

Comment

I haven’t made peace with Mother Nature. I still hate Trudeau.

I still hate winter.

Comment

So when someone calls the stress line. DO they put you on hold?
        No one gives shit..dont think they do..

Comment

Mother nature is still making me feel rage.

Comment

Originally posted by wiseguy
            A bigger question is whose causing the stress ??
            The weather and financial stress is real and dangerous to our health.

You should rephrase that question because no individual or politician controls the weather or markets.

What is causing the stress is the better question.

Ed White in his piece wrote about the end of the commodity boom.

Errol clarified that China's exceptional growth and decline has had a big impact on commodity prices.

Many on this site want to lay the blame on politicians.

Was Harper responsible for the commodity boom? I don't think so.

Comment

Originally posted by chuckChuck View Post

You should rephrase that question because no individual or politician controls the weather or markets.

Errol clarified that China's exceptional growth and decline has had a big impact on commodity prices.

every other country we compete with subsidizes their farmers...India does, the US does , the EU does, Russia does in the form of a crow rate and infrastructure spending....not little amounts either....billions...

You are missing the big picture....

Interesting factoid ...when the steel and aluminum tariffs took effect ...steel prices jumped 25%...

Not so in grains....and it was the steel industry that got 2 billion not farmers.....

Milk prices keep moving up but the dairy industry gets 3.9 billion promised....and both major parties agree to subsidize the industry....

And I have to add....irrigation farmers are almost guaranteed a crop and the irrigation districts in this province are given 40 dollars an acre for the next 5 years....in case you can't do math that is 200 dollars an acre....26000 per quarter .....and that won't end after 5 years....
              Last edited by bucket; Nov 5, 2019, 07:56.

Comment

It's a stressful occupation.
                From shit weather to prices that are beyond belief.
                We are all in same boat.
                Things may get better..but will never really change for a long period of time.
                Those who can't handle it.
                Better quit for their health.
                Not sure what stress line people can actually say to make it all better?
                Our farm has had weather disaster when neighbors across fence had no hail.
                Lost a shed to snow load..
                List goes on..but the key is not to dwell on the past..
                Hope for the future.dont give a shit about the neighbors..dont need their issues in your head..
                And do something in the off season that keeps your mind OFF farming..
                So far we are both sane in this house..

Comment

Originally posted by bucket View Post
                  every other country we compete with subsidizes their farmers...India does, the US does , the EU does, Russia does in the form of a crow rate and infrastructure spending....not little amounts either....billions...

You are missing the big picture....

Interesting factoid ...when the steel and aluminum tariffs took effect ...steel prices jumped 25%...

Not so in grains....and it was the steel industry that got 2 billion not farmers.....

Milk prices keep moving up but the dairy industry gets 3.9 billion promised....and both major parties agree to subsidize the industry....

And I have to add....irrigation farmers are almost guaranteed a crop and the irrigation districts in this province are given 40 dollars an acre for the next 5 years....in case you can't do math that is 200 dollars an acre....26000 per quarter .....and that won't end after 5 years....
                  Yup...

Comment

Originally posted by chuckChuck View Post

FFS, no one is arguing about a commodity boom ending
                    what they are saying is that we have an idiot that went to india and acted like a fool instead of trying to help the pulse problem in the beginning
                    he hasn't done one thing to help us and this china thing showed how much he hates the west
                    anyone with half a brain would of landed the plane in seattle and said here she is , and don't think he wasn't in on the decision
                    lisa (his groupie) asked him one day what he has done to help canola farmers , his answer was that he helped save jobs in quebec. she left it at that
                    the whole thing is a three ring circus ,and people like you stick up for him
                    but guess what, your kids and grandkids will have to clean up this mess

Comment

Partners

I have to ask....

.dont give a shit about the neighbors

How do you mean that?

I consider all here my neighbours .....a better chat here than going to a coffee shop....A good chat here says its the same everywhere this harvest...cant do much about it....

Guys are drying grain with frost fighters ...wait until they add the costs ...they might get 2cwrs at the elevator but they are netting feed....or less...
                      Last edited by bucket; Nov 5, 2019, 08:40.

Comment

Partners

I have to ask....

.dont give a shit about the neighbors

How do you mean that?

I consider all here my neighbours .....a better chat here than going to a coffee shop....A good chat here says its the same everywhere this harvest...cant do much about it....

Guys are drying grain with frost fighters ...wait until they add the costs ...they might get 2cwrs at the elevator but they are netting feed....or less...
                        Why store their problems in your head?
                        They are the same as yours..
                        And NO my neighbors don't give a shit about my losses..

Comment

Originally posted by Partners View Post
                          Why store their problems in your head?
                          They are the same as yours..
                          And NO my neighbors don't give a shit about my losses..
                          Do you have neighbours licking their lips at the potential ....guys that don't get done considered failures and time to strike??????

Comment

Do you have neighbours licking their lips at the potential ....guys that don't get done considered failures and time to strike??????
                            We we lost 80% of our canola in 2012.
                            Neighbors asked if we could continue farming with that loss?
                            There real colors showed up..
                            Vultures..
                            So we don't dwell on their issues..

Comment

Plus we are the smallest farmers in the area.so it makes sense we should be bought out.we only in the way.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...