• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

End of commodity boom real reason for national anger

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by furrowtickler View Post
    Our Ag industry should have jumped on the opportunity to fill the void .... like other countries have . But nope .... sit with our heads in the sand and meanwhile the Lady from Wahway still in her multimillion dollar home in Vancouver causing China to block some canola exports from Canada with mysteriously fake “pests” .... nothing being done for the past 10 months . Also the pulse tariffs in India should have been resolved a long time ago .... but nothing is being done there either . Those two factors alone have taken 30-40% net income of grain farms in western Canada . All out of our control while we have paid farm groups not lobbying hard at all in Ottawa about any of this . Now that’s frustrating....
    Here's her house

1603 Matthews Ave
    https://goo.gl/maps/NVANuywd2PurDYdGA

they're trying to kill the extradition ... few have been successful before in Canada but not many .. her lawyers are asking for full release of all conversation and documentation and procedure on the government side between CBSA and RCMP ... which government has only showed partial info latest update in case is that her lawyers were hammering CBSA on not following protocol and that they violated her rights ... everyone thought the lawyers were crazy and dragging it out but the next day after trial RCMP comes out with press release saying that CBSA gave them her cell phones and her password ... which is a breach of her rights

Basically she's getting off and some poor bastard at CBSA is gonna take the fall with a golden parachute.

Comment

Lost me as soon as I saw Western Producer.

Comment

Originally posted by TOM4CWB View Post
        Drove 6 hours yesterday! huge piles of wet wheat on ground everywhere!!! No wonder prices have dropped!!! Twice as much wheat yield [[in many areas] as last year!!! Should no surprise!!! Blame elevator companies??? You guys... WAKE UP!!!
        Hmmm , 70% of western Canada not in that position. I would bet $100 you never seen one bushel that was a #1 or 2 .
        Lots of down graded wheat .... that don’t pay bills.
        They market still refuses to pay for good quality, that’s the problem.

Comment

Green peas are one of the only commodities that is back to reasonable price levels .... for now

Comment

Drove 6 hours yesterday! huge piles of wet wheat on ground everywhere!!! No wonder prices have dropped!!! Twice as much wheat yield [[in many areas] as last year!!! Should no surprise!!! Blame elevator companies??? You guys... WAKE UP!!!
            Yea , and soon , very soon, you will see steam coming out of those piles, and backhoes tearing them open
            Saw this movie before , quite a few times in fact .......,
            Surprised you havent

Comment

Originally posted by caseih View Post
              Yea , and soon , very soon, you will see steam coming out of those piles, and backhoes tearing them open
              Saw this movie before , quite a few times in fact .......,
              Surprised you havent
              Agristability will cover them off....sarcasm...

Comment

https://youtu.be/5vAlz1at_OU

This is one of the foundations of why we will always be pissed.
                Laws become meaningless when no one follows them. We need to start saying No, and ignoring everything coming from Ottawa until big changes happen in our federal structure.
                They've been jerking our leash for too long.
                Amend the Constitution, change the Senate, elect a regional only party, do whatever it takes peacefully.
                Unless you like being kept where you belong.

Comment

Tom a few thoughts. Last year my CPS wheat averaged 75 bpa, this year 78. This is Penhold which yields far less than the Foremost I used to grow and was moved out of the CPS classification. Last year my CPS sold for $6.60 a bushel, this year it is roughly $5.80 plus there will be drying charges taken off that. My hard red averaged 60 bpa last year and just over 70 bpa this year. Last year I got $7.60 a bushel, this year with low protein deductions and drying costs it will be more like $5.40. So yes yields were a little higher this year in my area but returns will certainly be lower and Penhold is a perfect example of a new wheat not out performing the one it replaced.

Comment

Originally posted by Hamloc View Post
                    Tom a few thoughts. Last year my CPS wheat averaged 75 bpa, this year 78. This is Penhold which yields far less than the Foremost I used to grow and was moved out of the CPS classification. Last year my CPS sold for $6.60 a bushel, this year it is roughly $5.80 plus there will be drying charges taken off that. My hard red averaged 60 bpa last year and just over 70 bpa this year. Last year I got $7.60 a bushel, this year with low protein deductions and drying costs it will be more like $5.40. So yes yields were a little higher this year in my area but returns will certainly be lower and Penhold is a perfect example of a new wheat not out performing the one it replaced.
                    Sounds like grow more ,,,,,make less to me.....good for graincos truckers and railway volumes though...all good....and all their rates have went up...

Comment

I heard a story of a farmer near us who left wet wheat on truck for it to dry. Yep, the truck burnt. Think insurance covers it?

Comment

https://business.financialpost.com/opinion/gwyn-morgan-trudeau-has-turned-our-most-economically-important-industry-into-a-pariah-a-tragedy-every-canadian-should-be-concerned-about

Didn't want to cut and paste.
                        Link to an article that explains it as well.

Comment

Originally posted by furrowtickler View Post
                          Hmmm , 70% of western Canada not in that position. I would bet $100 you never seen one bushel that was a #1 or 2 .
                          Lots of down graded wheat .... that don’t pay bills.
                          They market still refuses to pay for good quality, that’s the problem.
                          even our #1 wheat we carried over isn't a #1 or #2 now

Comment

Drove 6 hours yesterday! huge piles of wet wheat on ground everywhere!!!...
                            Piles of wheat in the fields around here too, unfortunately most is plastered to the ground, unharvested. Will you still be wanting your end point royalty on that stuff TOM even if it gets burnt in the spring?

Comment

Unfortunately, I can't afford to carry over grain.

Comment

Originally posted by blackpowder View Post
                                Unfortunately, I can't afford to carry over grain.
                                I know very very few that can , this year or any year . And I know a whole lot of farms in this 60 mile radius...
                                in fact maybe less than 5 % if the farms can remotely afford to “carry over” any grain / oilseeds from year to year . The very few are close to retirement at best . But maybe that’s just this area .... no extra oil revenues or super duper yields . Maybe this area is an oddity

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                                • Return to Topic List
                                Working...