• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

End of commodity boom real reason for national anger

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TOM4CWB View Post
    Has this reporter heard of hedging and risk management of our farm products we grow!?

What a cop out... blame every one else. Grow crops people want. WHAT?

MARKETING. SELL WHEN PRICES ARE PROFITABLE, GROW PRODUCE THAT IS NEEDED!
    Change crops? To what? Last time I checked Oranges and Pineapples dont grow to well here. And hedging isnt gonna work for profitability if futures are already at or below production costs.

Comment

Drove 6 hours yesterday! huge piles of wet wheat on ground everywhere!!! No wonder prices have dropped!!! Twice as much wheat yield [[in many areas] as last year!!! Should no surprise!!! Blame elevator companies??? You guys... WAKE UP!!!
      Must be those new varieties you want the seed tax on.....grow more make less ...
      starting to sink in anyone...anyone?

Comment

Years ago dad seeded a lot of the poorer ground down to grass. Got more cows. He seen the decline of profitability in growing crops. That was mid to late 90’s. Then everything changed and we started shifting back to more grain less cows. Now I sit here thinking we might do the same again. It’s all a cycle. Cut out all the static of shitty leaders, competitors, declining purchasing power of foreign economies etc; it’s just a big merry go round. I did what I could at election time, and all else I can do is get my ship in order for the coming storm or maybe lack of wind that strands it in the dead horse latitude.
        This article has got it right. Look around the world not only our situation here and see how divided and entrenched everyone has become in their camps. There is no middle ground, and that is alarming. Rash decisions are made by extremist leaders and extreme consequences result. Eventually it will change but what needs to result to cause the tipping point is for other discussion.

Comment

China has purchased just 6.32 million MT of U.S. soybeans year to date. This compared to 16 million MT purchased last year at this time . . . a 60% decline.

Comment

Originally posted by errolanderson View Post
            China has purchased just 6.32 million MT of U.S. soybeans year to date. This compared to 16 million MT purchased last year at this time . . . a 60% decline.
            So is there any markets picking up the slack? What is happening on a farm level, my impression is that most US farmers dont have much storage capacity?

Comment

That's not a cycle...its a man made trade war....not started by weather....or things out of our control....

It was something that was planned ....and the US has addressed the consequences by throwing over 30 billionUSD ( 40billion canadian) at the farm community ...meanwhile our governments both provincial and federal choose to ignore farmers in Western Canada by blaming the weather.....

Comment

Trump is out beating the bushes for any way he can to make America great, which by the way makes Americans rich. I don’t need to tell you how many ways Trudeau has tried to piss off our trading partners. Shameful, that some one has the nerve to rub salt into the wounds in a farm newspaper (rag). Very sad state of affairs- the twisted cruel minds!

Comment

?

Click image for larger version

Name:	SB weekly exports Oct 24 19.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	84.6 KB
ID:	769091

Comment

Originally posted by chuckChuck View Post
                    Trump and the trade war are a big reason why commodity prices and economies are slowing!

But I don't expect you will ever understand how your beloved Trump could do anything wrong.
                    Our Ag industry should have jumped on the opportunity to fill the void .... like other countries have . But nope .... sit with our heads in the sand and meanwhile the Lady from Wahway still in her multimillion dollar home in Vancouver causing China to block some canola exports from Canada with mysteriously fake “pests” .... nothing being done for the past 10 months . Also the pulse tariffs in India should have been resolved a long time ago .... but nothing is being done there either . Those two factors alone have taken 30-40% net income of grain farms in western Canada . All out of our control while we have paid farm groups not lobbying hard at all in Ottawa about any of this . Now that’s frustrating....

Comment

Drove 6 hours yesterday! huge piles of wet wheat on ground everywhere!!! No wonder prices have dropped!!! Twice as much wheat yield [[in many areas] as last year!!! Should no surprise!!! Blame elevator companies??? You guys... WAKE UP!!!

I've been reading your posts for a while now and you never cease to amaze me. out of all the radical posters on here... you sir take the cake with your delusional statements. zero thoughts as to anyone or anything outside of your own operation and 5km epicenture you call your farmyard. I find it astounding you actually believe In the garbage you type.

Comment

USA seems to do okay with their energy industry.

Comment

Maybe just maybe those piles of wheat are just a little too damp to put in a bin. In my part of the world its either a bag or a pile until the dryer can get to it. I don't think their were any record grain crops around here just record damp grain. Not counting in the stuff still in the field either

Comment

Originally posted by Oliver88 View Post
                            USA seems to do okay with their energy industry.

Not so much . . . U.S. fracking industry now in-disarray. Heavy losses . . . .

Comment

Isn’t diesel and gasoline a commodity. This country should be selling more. More of everything

Comment

Not so much . . . U.S. fracking industry now in-disarray. Heavy losses . . . .
                                Temporary...part of the market reset. US wont be getting any crude out of the ME soon. Chinese will have to, then watch the world price go up.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                                • Return to Topic List
                                Working...