• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why not Churchill?

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why not Churchill?

Financial post has article explaining how it would actually be cheaper to do a pipe line through Churchill and supply the east coast. I often wondered this myself there is a conservative government in Manitoba so why not? Or is it easier to get votes if you cry about not moving oil the way you exactly want it. Lol

Originally posted by the big wheel View Post
    Financial post has article explaining how it would actually be cheaper to do a pipe line through Churchill and supply the east coast. I often wondered this myself there is a conservative government in Manitoba so why not? Or is it easier to get votes if you cry about not moving oil the way you exactly want it. Lol
    Seasonal port, those iceberg thingys are still out there and haven't all melted yet like we were told. Not sure the economics work on a seasonal basis. But some combo idea might be the way. Enhanced grain transport, oil, LNG and a whack of storage to carry through the winter seasons. I mean thunder bay is unusable for 5 months of the year.

That would require leadership and vision.

Comment

Well then u would have all the environmentalists saying u would kill the rest of the polar bears and the delicate Tundra would be fubar. Hundreds would have to be paid off to get it to work and most of importantly u would have to have a vision of the future which no politician has anymore. Pallister would love to have it except we’re broke here in the land of reserves and deadbeats. I’ve said that about moving grain but the big grain companies wanna have nothing to do with it. Anything that would make the most economic sense hardly ever gets done. That’s why we are PHUCKED

Comment

Originally posted by FarmJunkie View Post
        Well then u would have all the environmentalists saying u would kill the rest of the polar bears and the delicate Tundra would be fubar. Hundreds would have to be paid off to get it to work and most of importantly u would have to have a vision of the future which no politician has anymore. Pallister would love to have it except we’re broke here in the land of reserves and deadbeats. I’ve said that about moving grain but the big grain companies wanna have nothing to do with it. Anything that would make the most economic sense hardly ever gets done. That’s why we are PHUCKED
        Give the grain cos the same deal that AGT got and they might use the port of Churchill. .,those capitalist government titsuckers....

Comment

Originally posted by FarmJunkie View Post
          Very true, climate activists would shut that down before the first shovel went into the ground .
          The activism funding is literally unlimited. Canada is phucked as an exporting nation .... the very thing that drove the Canadian economy, exports will be destroyed until we get a federal leader with a set of balls 🏀

Comment

Any new pipelines have to stay on private lands like farmers. farmers wont let natives or envirowhackos f around on their own property. That means to the US and let Trump take it to tidewater. Only thing left is to negotiate the terms.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
            • Return to Topic List
            Working...