• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2019 grain farm net income...

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2019 grain farm net income...

My guess it will be down at least 50% from last year across western Canada
    And the majority will not get crop insurance or very little in Sask anyway.
    Not going to be a good winter for a lot of farms .
    Lots of tough green canola still out that will be spring thrashed or burnt . The frustrating part is Sask Ag and food along with commodities experts will still count that as supply and keep the lid on prices ... they refuse to ever acknowledge that . Will be very interesting to see canola stocks reports by December
    Last edited by furrowtickler; Oct 25, 2019, 08:30.

So what happens with crop insurance furrow (or others) regarding crop left out? Combines still not moving here. We have neighbours with un-swathed wheat stuck to the ground - will crop insurance make them harvest all of that, or part of it as a trial to establish yield to calculate their possibility of getting compensated? No way you could swath that now and I can't see it getting better by spring. Do they ever write stuff off as un-harvestable and pay compensation and is there a difference on that between provinces?

Comment

Even though we were fortunate enough to get all our crop off, there has been alot of grain value washed, read "rained", off the balance sheet.

Last year's marketing blunders combined with the value loss of the 2019 crop, would go a long way to doing some projects and kick starting others.

Comment

Originally posted by grassfarmer View Post
        So what happens with crop insurance furrow (or others) regarding crop left out? Combines still not moving here. We have neighbours with un-swathed wheat stuck to the ground - will crop insurance make them harvest all of that, or part of it as a trial to establish yield to calculate their possibility of getting compensated? No way you could swath that now and I can't see it getting better by spring. Do they ever write stuff off as un-harvestable and pay compensation and is there a difference on that between provinces?
        Not exactly sure , never left crop out
        Others with experience can chime in
        From what I know you don’t get paid until the crop is harvested in sask
        Maybe in spring they come out to determine if you have to or not .

Comment

Yes must be assessed in spring. If you are lucky the GEESE will eat/shit on enough to get a ZERO yield. Then a MATCH combine will be done in minutes! Oh that f cking like button!
          I was going to add that it will be 2020 income not 2019, most are just fine with all the income this year.

Comment

Originally posted by furrowtickler View Post
            Not exactly sure , never left crop out
            Others with experience can chime in
            From what I know you don’t get paid until the crop is harvested in sask
            Maybe in spring they come out to determine if you have to or not .
            In 2016 we had 75% of our durum combined so they used that as an average for our unthrashed to calculate a payout. I think they may have added a fudge factor so that for sure they would owe us in the spring. If you haven’t combined any of your crop I would expect a really high number being used if at all.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
            • Return to Topic List
            Working...