• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Harvest Progress or Regress

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Harvest Progress or Regress

Last 100 acres tomorrow and harvest 2019 is a wrap.

A decent finish to an otherwise difficult harvest for the Ghetto.

Better not wave the checkered flag just yet....anything can happen!

But boy will I be glad to see this one in the rearview mirror.

This harvest will leave a scar. Battle hardened late in my career.

Wave the white flag?

Rented second combine for tomorrow.
    Rain snow Tuesday. 4 days left.
    Fourth year of agony here.
    Good luck

Comment

Our fields are 20 minutes from Grassfarmer and you've all seen his pictures Need to add a word to thread title and make it Progression, Regression or Depression. We'd fall in the depression slot. Snow is leaving the fields slowly but those fields are sopping wet. Best outcome would be snow leaves, no snow falls and ground freezes solid.

No combines have rolled for over a week here. Desperation will have some people,trying to get into field today. It will be bad.

Comment

What a difference a few miles makes. What a tough go Braveheart, hope today is a go-day.

Comment

I can imagine what Southern Manitoba feels like.
          That's why we're pushing to finish. Anything can happen this time of the year and getting enough drying days can be challenging if the crop gets wet again. I am so thankful to get that swathed wheat off at the moisture we are. It's had snow on it twice already, third time WON'T be a charm. Its not dry, but very acceptable and will store without fretting.

Comment

I don't know if I should Party, Cry, Laugh or check my self into an institution. We got to the 50% mark late last night. Most are either 20% to 60% in our area. Crops are out all over the place. North is worse with 6 in more rain than us. Yes, I feel for Manitoba as friends have sent similar pictures. We are in an area that gets shit like that most years. Storms start across the valley and then dump on us.
            All I hope is the back half is more fun than the front.

Click image for larger version

Name:	FoDn4SU1To2mUHaco+tboA.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	92.0 KB
ID:	769053

Comment

Oh, a side note in the 50 miles I travel you couldn't have a neighbour help or a friend or get a custom guy because they are all still harvesting.

Comment

Just did the calculations ..... not sure if it’s sounds better if I say we are 77% done or have 23%
                left??? Either way we sat 22 days till couple days ago. Had no canola seeded in 19 so had to play the waiting game.
                Thankful to be moving again..... and the wheat is dry. 👍👍

Comment

Some guys around here are making the short strokes just before the feel good big finish.

Comment

20% done here east of Edmonton. Wheat is 19 and canola 13. Crop was not dry ever. Limited drying infrastructure so will be spring thrash. Everything combined was damp. Area 80% done with almost all wet. Some areas missed a rain and get a few days dry north of here.

Comment

Originally posted by Braveheart View Post
                      Our fields are 20 minutes from Grassfarmer and you've all seen his pictures Need to add a word to thread title and make it Progression, Regression or Depression. We'd fall in the depression slot. Snow is leaving the fields slowly but those fields are sopping wet. Best outcome would be snow leaves, no snow falls and ground freezes solid.

No combines have rolled for over a week here. Desperation will have some people,trying to get into field today. It will be bad.
                      No idea what area you are from. Could you tell us and how big of area is still too wet to go? I know everyone is battling tough grain but most are going at least some hrs most days.

Comment

Just did the math and it wasn't the new math, or I might be smiling.

If we get till Saturday ill still have 1.2 mill of the crop out all winter.

Farming is so much fun.

Comment

Originally posted by walterm View Post
                          No idea what area you are from. Could you tell us and how big of area is still too wet to go? I know everyone is battling tough grain but most are going at least some hrs most days.
                          We're in SW Manitoba. Maybe fair to say everything south of the Transcanada from Brandon east to the Ontario border is in the same boat? I haven't been out much to see the northern edge of that or beyond. There is also a section of central Manitoba where the snow hit north of the #1 up into the Interlake etc so it must be a large area affected.

Comment

I'm not too far from Braveheart in SW Manitoba and like he said, still some snow on our fields and where there's not snow its water and mud. Fields were just barely holding traffic before the 2+ feet of snow. No progress here in 12 days and counting.
                            I went for a drive yesterday and many places I could not drive past more then a half mile without seeing wheat, canola, oats and soybeans still out there.
                            We have 40% of our crop still out.

Comment

Originally posted by walterm View Post
                              Like Grassfarmer and Jay-Mo said. My hometown is Killarney MB. Going east a mix of crops but once in Pembina and Red River valley it soybeans and corn left. Corn 40% moisture and higher. Beans are swelling and splitting pods open. A lot of the edible bean crop still out and obviously ruined.

Big story looming is the flooding possible in spring. Our creek (usually a bell weather) is already in flood stage.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...