• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Alternative forums

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Alternative forums

Anyone have a list of alternate forums?
    This one getting old.

Never even looked at either of them, but I hear Facebook and Twitter always has room for more sophisticated posters and followers.

You probably would run into some of the current posters here on Agriville on Twitter

Comment

There were quite a few at one time blackpowder - but most seem to have gone the same way as this one. Less posters and divided along partisan lines. Most forums have lost activity to Facebook where most go to hang out with people with the same interests/views/politics as themselves. The "advance" of technology and social media is causing our society to be more divided than ever. I don't like the way it's going but what can we do about it? Discussion forums where it is not a constant p#$%@ match between two sides seem a thing of the past.

Comment

I use twitter a bit as do a few on here.

I see pics and real time stuff of your farms and crops.

Facebook nah don’t do it anymore much kinda family and friends only .

Other day posted some deformed heads of barley on twitter go heaps of responses fom all over.

If I need a combine repair advise go onto combine forum but don’t engage on there much.

Back to twitter doesn’t seem to be as much chest beating and BS on there.

Parsley uses Twitter a lot we keep in contact.

Comment

New Ag talk, Combine forum. Lots of info, topics are segregated and followed or policed. This Commodity Marketing is a dog's breakfast of EVERY topic, especially for F cking Climate Change Cultists dumping their shit all over it.

Comment

Other thing If I ever get to your great country all ways looking to freeload in my travels lol so gotta keep in touch with you guys

Comment

Twitter is getting old too....pics of same wanna be big farmers with a row of new equipment...usually different brand every year....also always have canola going 80...I quit looking at it.

Comment

I waste enough of mine and other people's time here, only social media/forum website I grace.
                I thought of changing usernames and re-registering. But my writing style and "isms" would shine through any new facade I might try to hide behind.

Agriville is family-like.... some siblings your closer to than others and some you would like to choke! Dynamic,

Comment

Originally posted by wiseguy
                  Heh black powder if you don't like it here

There's the door !
                  I am guessing that his sense of humor is like everyone's these days... alittle hard to find.

Comment

Meh, it's been a tough suck for a square mouth calf for four years.
                    At least he farms and isn't some smart as_ed college boy who doesn't.

Comment

Originally posted by farmaholic View Post
                      I waste enough of mine and other people's time here, only social media/forum website I grace.
                      I thought of changing usernames and re-registering. But my writing style and "isms" would shine through any new facade I might try to hide behind.

Agriville is family-like.... some siblings your closer to than others and some you would like to choke! Dynamic,
                      Guess I’m cousin Eddie you must be Clark farmaholic..........

Comment

Originally posted by malleefarmer View Post
                        Guess I’m cousin Eddie you must be Clark farmaholic..........
                        Yea and farming can be like a National Lampoon experience..
                        Good luck cousin Mallee.

Comment

Try https://thefarmingforum.co.uk/index.php mostly UK but some international posters

Some interesting to me Austrailian imput on living with drought.

Comment

More read this forum than you think or browse through it. Some papers write stories from what's trending on here.

Yes, some politics but reality is Canada is changing and its not climate change its East vs West.

Farming isn't natural is what I have always said and posted.

It would be if I ever hit lotto max and farm a section by town that's end to end and seed two crops with my 86ft Bourg and new four-track and then give that section every single thing. Spray with our sprayer and then harvest with two 790s. Head south after that but first to Coffee shop to say I'm done.

But the reality is its farming and always a struggle in Canada with the Weather. Then you have the Gov, Markets Chem and fert companies and Dealers are all out for their piece of your pie.

Comment

Other websites are cluttered ...I don't like that....

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...