• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Break coming in the Weather.

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SORRY - didn’t know that

Comment

Originally posted by jazz View Post
      Imagine celebrating for 3 days of 11 deg temps. How did it get this bad? I can count on two hands how many decent harvesting days we have had.
      It takes two hands to do that job there? Around here decent harvest days occurred before crop was ripe.

Comment

Originally posted by jazz View Post
        Imagine celebrating for 3 days of 11 deg temps. How did it get this bad? I can count on two hands how many decent harvesting days we have had.
        I would celebrate - we've only got one 10C in the forecast, not enough to move this snow then another inch of rain for Sunday followed by highs of only 2 +3C next week. Harvest looking like it's over here.

Comment

Snowed from Winnipeg all the way west to Canora, Sk.

Comment

Originally posted by farmaholic View Post
            .......of trouble free going.

Listen when the Iron Maiden is singing.

We inspect and look for problems before they happen. Not always successful. Some some just can't be seen or noticed.

Hope everyone can make the most of opportunities Ma Nurture provides.

Take care and be safe.
            Have "iron maidens" had an engine fan explode and destroy 2 rads plus other parts = $20,000.
            Neighbors Deere 9870, 13.5L just did that. Ours did the same in 2014. Dealership in Kelvington has done at least 4, bet dozens of others out there. Shitty weak design, still the same in S790's! 2 combines 100% failure, FU Deere, and F ck your dumb ass water pumps too!.

Comment

Had my snickers now all right not tilting left or far left.

Comment

Fans on Case? Yep, we’ve had 2 go through the rad, expensive fix for a built-to-fail design. Too bad the rest of the combines are pretty good and dependable. You’d think there would be a recall.
                Last edited by sumdumguy; Oct 15, 2019, 17:53. Reason: Error

Comment

Fan bearings need to be changed out every 1000 hours or sooner and checked every 50 or so.
                  Replace with top shelf brand

I have no solution for the JD water pump shrapnel issue

Comment

Raining here again. The mud was getting to be not as sticky today so I guess we’re overdue.

Comment

Originally posted by woodland View Post
                      Raining here again. The mud was getting to be not as sticky today so I guess we’re overdue.
                      Had mist all morning and a few drops this afternoon. Chinook arch is trying real hard to push our way but cant quite do it. We need the warm winds, snow pretty well gone other than odd shaded spot.

Comment

The dryer threw a hissy fit at midnight. The grain vac wouldn’t work right for some unknown reason to try and clean this up. What’s dry grain like to thresh and handle? My kids haven’t got to experience a “nice” harvest like I did at their age before we even had or needed a dryer. All they see is me fighting the weather, equipment, mud, and snow. Been a long time since we could bale straw behind the combine without letting it dry first so the bales don’t mould (some still do anyway)

Growing tired of this and the battle isn’t halfway yet. Been trying to stay positive but that’s becoming quite difficult. Wish I could just put this harvest out of its misery like the old crippled cows get around here.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                        • Return to Topic List
                        Working...