• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Durum Prices

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Durum Prices

I'm hearing about these big values $9 fob and supposedly $11 Cad dlvd into ND for milling quality but I cant find them online anywhere and can't get through to the one buyer -- not like we have much high quality anyway. Is it me or anyone else having the same issue ?

The biggest problem selling into the states is they measure the weight in the Winchester, in Canada it’s the Avery system. There’s a big difference between the two.
    No.1 in Canada is 63.8 Avery
    US Winchester is 60.5
    Anything under 60 in the Winchester system could have big discounts, or rejected loads.
    They don’t mix anything, it’s on a load by load basis. I sold 100k back in 13 for $13 FOB, at the end I averaged around $12.60
    They nickel and dime you for everything. The list is long what they dock you for with the discounts listed.
    Can’t see myself ever hauling there again.
    You better make sure you know what you have before you sign your “John Henry”.

Comment

oh boy this is what I've been waiting for. told myself these ****ers are going to pay through the nose to get my #1. get to bend them over for a change!

Comment

Buyer looking for $8.75 Green peas.......lmfao.....

Really?

Told them I sold some for $12 in mid/late summer.

Harvest isn't over but quality parameters are now set!

Lock the bins on quality!

Comment

Originally posted by bigzee View Post
          The biggest problem selling into the states is they measure the weight in the Winchester, in Canada it’s the Avery system. There’s a big difference between the two.
          No.1 in Canada is 63.8 Avery
          US Winchester is 60.5
          Anything under 60 in the Winchester system could have big discounts, or rejected loads.
          They don’t mix anything, it’s on a load by load basis. I sold 100k back in 13 for $13 FOB, at the end I averaged around $12.60
          They nickel and dime you for everything. The list is long what they dock you for with the discounts listed.
          Can’t see myself ever hauling there again.
          You better make sure you know what you have before you sign your “John Henry”.
          Our local grading lab will provide U.S. or Cdn grades if asked.

Comment

Originally posted by cultivator1000 View Post
            Our local grading lab will provide U.S. or Cdn grades if asked.
            Yes but once you load up it’s out of your hands.
            The elevators down there have the final say.

Comment

Originally posted by bigzee View Post
              Yes but once you load up it’s out of your hands.
              The elevators down there have the final say.
              How about the Buyers come to your "store" instead of you going to their's?

Or you can do the usual....

After you walk over the threshold of their Temple you humbly walk up to the grading Alter, go down on one knee, bow your head and raise your hand held sample up, offering it to the Gods!

Back to them coming to you.....

At your farm, maybe they need to buy load by load from the sample "they" took as the truck was loaded. If they refuse it, handling charges apply. Good bin samples shouldn't waste any prospective buyer's time!

Sadly farmers can't even say, how or when we ever lost the power we NEVER had. There needs to be a paradigm shift, drastically.

Anyone ever get a load of fertilizer that never met their expectations? Did you have much recourse?
              New machinery that has engineering shortfalls or cheap offshore components. Poor pesticide performance?

Comment

Originally posted by farmaholic View Post
                How about the Buyers come to your "store" instead of you going to their's?

Or you can do the usual....

After you walk over the threshold of their Temple you humbly walk up to the grading Alter, go down on one knee, bow your head and raise your hand held sample up, offering it to the Gods!

Back to them coming to you.....

At your farm, maybe they need to buy load by load from the sample "they" took as the truck was loaded. If they refuse it, handling charges apply. Good bin samples shouldn't waste any prospective buyer's time!

Sadly farmers can't even say, how or when we ever lost the power we NEVER had. There needs to be a paradigm shift, drastically.

Anyone ever get a load of fertilizer that never met their expectations? Did you have much recourse?
                New machinery that has engineering shortfalls or cheap offshore components. Poor pesticide performance?
                Fertilizer?

Personally know of a 200+mT delivery of MES15 that the farmer refused to accept on account of it being more dust than prill.

It was all hauled out, then new product hauled in, at the seller's expense.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                • Return to Topic List
                Working...