• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Oct 3th, anyone combining anywhere?

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by littledoggie View Post
    When was the latest you ever combined? I've heard old timers talk about getting it done in November/December.
    I don't remember the year but I did dry flax swaths one fall around the middle of Dec. I remember looking around at night and all the Christmas lights were on. We had snow earlier but over a couple weeks it gradually melted and then had some warm windy weather and it combined good.

Comment

A few years back we were finishing up standing flax Nov 15. It had been desiccated 7 weeks earlier, and still, the straw wasn't dried out. Had to combine so slow, to get the seed separated from the straw. Others in the area that had flax were also out that late, some that combined 2 weeks later than me said it finally went threw like goose sh*t. Most soybeans in the area were combined before the flax.(it could possibly have been the year we had all that smoke)

Comment

Swathed barley 22.6 yesterday aft. Up from 20 last week tues. East of Edmonton. Only half inch rain on it last week. Swathed almost 2 weeks ago. Sample still good. In 2016 did 13 to 14% swathed canola Nov 12 till evening rain shower and 16% canola Dec 3. Seemed like it was drier than that as it combined good Moisture tester said 13. Only did a few hoppers. Rest spring thrash.
        Last edited by ajl; Oct 4, 2019, 10:03.

Comment

Its completely grey overcast, fookin misty and windy here, yup, real harvest weather.

Comment

Originally posted by farmaholic View Post
            Its completely grey overcast, fookin misty and windy here, yup, real harvest weather.
            Wipers going this morning misty shit. Saw the sun for 2 minutes yestarday. My sense of humour is waning.

Comment

Originally posted by littledoggie View Post
              When was the latest you ever combined? I've heard old timers talk about getting it done in November/December.
              Dad talks about his dad and uncle finishing up the neighbors wheat in the early 60s in mid -> late December.

It was standing, and snow covered the ground, but they were able to clip the heads and take it dry...

Comment

I have combined into November....BUT i think I will start making plans for spring harvest.....

Its not drying....with any clouds ....And now elevators need it to 13.5 for moisture....its getting retarded....

Comment

This is the 9th consecutive day without a single ray of sunlight.
                  Rain, fog, cloud!
                  SE Sask

Comment

Originally posted by bucket View Post
                    I have combined into November....BUT i think I will start making plans for spring harvest.....

Its not drying....with any clouds ....And now elevators need it to 13.5 for moisture....its getting retarded....
                    Ingenious. How to minimize the carbon tax impact-request grain be dryer than dry

Comment

Optimism was the year i combined until the Christmas lights came on but then there is the years when snow comes early like 1991. Provincial election day was Oct. 21 and it was cold with snow and wind and that snow never melted. Depressing day! The NDP beat Grant Divine and full on ugly cold winter! That lead to many depressing days for Saskatchewan.

Comment

Years, not days, seldomseen.

Comment

Yes you are right i should have said was years.

Comment

Originally posted by bucket View Post

Ha.
                            We have lots of times
                            Mostly always dry then also

Comment

Originally posted by caseih View Post
                              Ha.
                              We have lots of times
                              Mostly always dry then also
                              Combined in all 4 months from aug-nov.15 in 09

Comment

How much could I get for rent if the land has a crop still on it from the previous year?

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                                • Return to Topic List
                                Working...