• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any Takers

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Any Takers

10.20 canola for Sept 20. Richardson.

Originally posted by agstar77 View Post
    Not when 11 is not far away....

Disclaimer....I don't grow canola..unbiased opinion....

Comment

This is an offer from a company that has its own processing plant. How do you pencil in a profit with seed and other input costs? Never mind risk.

Comment

Originally posted by agstar77 View Post
        Not when there is a weather event working its way through the west. That canola still needs a month to the bin yet. Let them sweat.

Comment

I wonder what it would be like managing and running a business that takes advantage of people's misfortunes?

There is no morality in some businesses....

Click image for larger version

Name:	60317261.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	80.7 KB
ID:	768954

Click image for larger version

Name:	vulture_web-1024x683.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	93.8 KB
ID:	768955
          Last edited by farmaholic; Sep 29, 2019, 10:27.

Comment

Im a taker, signed and priced clearfield production for '20 this week. Have the option to attach a call prior to delivery. Until the seasonals straighten out and the cash advance from this spring is paid, I'm bearish. Weekly futures showing continuation pattern with no real bottom. We don't have our buyers back yet. Not giving advice, just what ive done. I could be wrong if I'm wrong im buying calls.

Comment

Farmaholic

Are you saying farmers might he taking advantage of the current situation or enjoying the fact the industry might have an issue going forward....
              Last edited by bucket; Sep 29, 2019, 10:43.

Comment

Originally posted by bucket View Post
                Farmaholic

Are you saying farmers might he taking advantage of the current situation or enjoying the fact the industry might have an issue going forward....
                Taking advantage of what?
                The fact I sold green peas for $12 in late summer.
                Feed wheat prices were at a modest discount to #1 CWRS recently.
                Canola sold for $11.00 - 12.00 for two years until China pulled out
                Canola crushers are enjoying healthy margins now.
                $7.00+ CWRS last December, $5.30 recently until all the wheels fell off Harvest 2019.
                #1 Durum bids now $8+......all last year it was at a discount to red spring, where's all that "good" durum carry-over?

The stoopidest part of all this is you know the end users make all those high prices work!
                Now there's a threat to the quality and supply suddenly prices are inching up, during harvest...if you can call this harvest.

Who has the reputation of taking advantage of whom?
                Ultimately we are price takers, it is blatantly obvious, your only options are to say yes or no! I wish every Producer had the financial wherewithal to say fūck- you!

Comment

Originally posted by farmaholic View Post
                  Taking advantage of what?
                  The fact I sold green peas for $12 in late summer.
                  Feed wheat prices were at a modest discount to #1 CWRS recently.
                  Canola sold for $11.00 - 12.00 for two years until China pulled out
                  Canola crushers are enjoying healthy margins now.
                  $7.00+ CWRS last December, $5.30 recently until all the wheels fell off Harvest 2019.
                  #1 Durum bids now $8+......all last year it was at a discount to red spring, where's all that "good" durum carry-over?

The stoopidest part of all this is you know the end users make all those high prices work!
                  Now there's a threat to the quality and supply suddenly prices are inching up, during harvest...if you can call this harvest.

Who has the reputation of taking advantage of whom?
                  Ultimately we are price takers, it is blatantly obvious, your only options are to say yes or no! I wish every Producer had the financial wherewithal to say fūck- you!

....last time prices went up the phucking Westons started a price fixing scan bread after Peter Mansbridge said on the National that wheat prices were driving bread prices....The Westons had to admit to the scam and billions made so they wouldn't be named in the Panama papers...what an opportunity for the industry players....

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                  • Return to Topic List
                  Working...