• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

City Ridings Insure Trudope Win :(

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

City Ridings Insure Trudope Win :(

Latest Mainstreet poll shows Trudope with a comfortable lead in major city ridings with current Conservative ridings in trouble in those areas.

Fake news? Probably not.

I will never understand city people with their little patch of grass and 35 hour work week and all their paid holidays, free time and Facebook pages, and their desire to live on top of each other and sit endlessly at red lights.

As long as someone gives them a job, buys the desk, a wall to hang the degree on, pencils paper and computer and makes them colour in the lines...they are happy to pay 50% tax, think food comes from Sobeys and get their news from CTV and CBC....and vote for dopes like Sorry....I am generalizing..

I have a city and career wife who hates farming (too risky and too much work), and made sure all my kids ended up in the city, educated with jobs. I know how these people think. Have very little interest or idea in cost and how real wealth is made, even though I paid for a big part of their education from farm receipts.

I will take my farm and 100 hour work week any day over that.

It really was too much to expect a sophisticated Toronto or Vancouver suburban couple to vote for a red neck leader from Regina and and a hick province like Saskatchewan. Probably turning their nose up. They could do it for Harper because...well he was from Ontario at one time.

It really is time for then West to separate...but then the west city folk may be intellectually linked to the east folk when it comes down to it....who knows.
    Last edited by Crestliner; Sep 28, 2019, 07:41.

I think it will be Liberal minority with the Greens holding the balance. If the millenials get serious about climate like they did yesterday, they could easily make Greens official opposition. Only way for Conservatives to win in cities will be if the climate vote is split 3 ways.

Comment

Ralph is in a dead tie right now in Wascana. But something is funny I think liberals that always voted for him will either waste their vote or stay home or vote him out. He could go down. That would make this election so great.

Comment

Originally posted by Crestliner View Post

It really was too much to expect a sophisticated Toronto or Vancouver suburban couple to vote for a red neck leader from Regina and and a hick province like Saskatchewan. Probably turning their nose up. They could do it for Harper because...well he was from Ontario at one time.

Ha Ha Ha! You run down city people yet come up with this gem. Scheer was born and raised in Ottawa. He moved to Regina to be with his future wife he met at University in Ottawa (her home town). His only job outside of politics in his wntire life has been waiting tables.

You run down politicians and city people yet of all the leaders running, Scheer has the most political background and the most city orientated life history. Hell, his party does not even have an agricultural policy.

Comment

But there is another side and you can see it playing out in blue states in the US. These big city states like NY and CA get some expensive and so woke and run down with idiot policies that eventually moderate people move out and go to a more reasonable state, like Colorado. Toronto is on its way, so is Vancouver. That shifts the voter demographics to the flyover states. That could happen in Canada as well, mostly Ab.
          Last edited by jazz; Sep 28, 2019, 07:01.

Comment

Originally posted by jazz View Post
            But there is another side and you can see it playing out in blue states in the US. These big city states like NY and CA get some expensive and so woke and run down with idiot policies that eventually moderate people move out and go to a more reasonable state, like Colorado. Toronto is on its way, so is Vancouver. That shifts the voter demographics to the flyover states. That could happen in Canada as well, mostly Ab.
            You're hilarious Jazz - Colorado?? - where the electoral vote in '08 and '12 went to Obama and in '16 to Clinton? Maybe it happened already in AB when they had the NDP Government?

Comment

Originally posted by jazz View Post
              Yeah but it is short term. One generation as the woke kids ain't having kids because they be dead by 2030 due to climate gitten hotta.

Comment

Originally posted by dmlfarmer View Post
                Ha Ha Ha! You run down city people yet come up with this gem. Scheer was born and raised in Ottawa. He moved to Regina to be with his future wife he met at University in Ottawa (her home town). His only job outside of politics in his wntire life has been waiting tables.

You run down politicians and city people yet of all the leaders running, Scheer has the most political background and the most city orientated life history. Hell, his party does not even have an agricultural policy.
                You are right.....it shows how really screwed the Country is!

Comment

Conservative majority. You gotta look deeper than our fake brainwashing media polls. Many seats are switching. New Brunswick almost all blue. Nova Scotia is coming around. GTA is switching. Winnipeg is losing libs, Ralph is toast, ndp in Saskatoon is done, no libs in Alberta, lower mainland is turning blue from red.

There is no way the libs can win, even a minority. They only have to lose 8 seats. They are on track to lose 50 at this point.

Look harder.

Comment

Originally posted by dmlfarmer View Post

Good point ....they want my vote so I have called twice to ask about the agriculture policy ...they have known for 4 years October 21 2019 is the election but no policy for their supporters that are rural based...

Here I sit in a riding where the card board cutout saying conservative will win with 70% of the vote and they don't have an ag policy...given the fact Scheer cheerleaded Ritz for gutting ag support programs...

My vote is taken for granted and they can't even show the rural base the courtesy of announcing an ag policy...

BTW Scheer is just an eastern transplant...not a true westerner...

Comment

But for the general population that hates farmers and think they are welfare its sure interesting how they are getting interest free loans for green house renos or tax breaks....and if they want to buy a house there is a 50000 dollar handout from CMHC....

But where are our farm groups ...shouldnt they be asking for interest free loans for green ( not John Deere) lower emission tractors????

Shouldn't the logic follow across all industries...

Comment

Originally posted by 15444 View Post
                        I think it will be Liberal minority with the Greens holding the balance. If the millenials get serious about climate like they did yesterday, they could easily make Greens official opposition. Only way for Conservatives to win in cities will be if the climate vote is split 3 ways.
                        Or the green vote gets split and the Bloc takes enough seats to hold the balance of power.

Comment

Is there still cash available for things like gps and narrow openers etc? I know there are still some programs for grants for some things if you dig deeper. Not saying it is government or party policy. There used to be a whole pile of programs under growing forward for farmers to tap into. Over time it seems these have been slipping by the wayside.

Comment

These things should be known to dealers as to what a farmer qualifies for....this constantly looking for grants should be an easy listing on an accessible site...?

Comment

Originally posted by bucket View Post
                              These things should be known to dealers as to what a farmer qualifies for....this constantly looking for grants should be an easy listing on an accessible site...?
                              It does take insane digging to find some of these programs. Some are there, but you’d never know it most times.

A small example. There is a guard dog rebate for stock farmers. Buy a dog get a 100 buck rebate. Trouble is, what happens? Price of a dog gets jacked up by 100 bucks by the breeder.

There are some riparian areas fencing programs, forage seeding programs, but to find them is near impossible.

It should be clear!

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...