• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

#2 Large Green Lentils

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bucket View Post
    Not high enough .....try again...
    Lmao!!

Comment

Originally posted by dave4441 View Post
      I am trying to get a handle on the quantity of #2 or better large green lentils. What is your guys take on this? I am guessing its 50% good quality and 50% lower then #2 but i still don't really have a clue and haven't seen enough product to guess at it. Sask Ag and Foods stated 88% of the lentils are off the field as of Monday so we are getting close but what is guess at the quality of the harvested product.
      Not in that market at all but I see nothing wrong with asking, more market info the better for everyone, farmer included, some are just not able to figure that out. The guys that ask for more market transparency then wont reveal their numbers or outright mislead Stats Canada, then complain that the stats are not correct are hypocrites and well just plain dumb.

So tired of guys with the us against them attitude, if you start that fight who do you think is gonna win. No different than other parts of life, the attitude you put out to the world comes right back at ya. The buyers I work with have been absolutely fair with me and have numerous times paper blended, made concessions, given advice, paid on time, taken poor quality crop to help me out, offered premiums whatever they needed to do.

Comment

[QUOTE=farmaholic;425326]Call 1-306-885-2144. They should have a handle on quality parameters in this area....lol.....[/QUOTE

Of course i already did that.

Comment

Originally posted by GDR View Post
          Not in that market at all but I see nothing wrong with asking, more market info the better for everyone, farmer included, some are just not able to figure that out. The guys that ask for more market transparency then wont reveal their numbers or outright mislead Stats Canada, then complain that the stats are not correct are hypocrites and well just plain dumb.

So tired of guys with the us against them attitude, if you start that fight who do you think is gonna win. No different than other parts of life, the attitude you put out to the world comes right back at ya. The buyers I work with have been absolutely fair with me and have numerous times paper blended, made concessions, given advice, paid on time, taken poor quality crop to help me out, offered premiums whatever they needed to do.
          What info has Dave given? If the market doesn’t know what there is maybe they offer a premium to find out.

Comment

Originally posted by GDR View Post

Just don't treat me like a fool!
            We have become ever more educated and sophisticated, we live in the information age. I don't have to wait for the next Western Producer to see where they report markets are heading.....two weeks ago!

There is good reason for cynicism at times.

Comment

Last time average was 40 cents was October 2017, 10 year high was 76.06 in April 2016
              Click image for larger version

Name:	lentils.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	43.0 KB
ID:	768945

Comment

Originally posted by the big wheel View Post
                What info has Dave given? If the market doesn’t know what there is maybe they offer a premium to find out.
                A simple discussion online about quality is going to open up some thoughts on where this is headed. Wish someone raised the issue before I sold $7 Durum.

Counter issues are supply from people like Russia? They have actually dominated some of our top markets like Iran/Dubai. So it's not all about Canada either. I have no clue what is going to happen in this market.

If we had 600000 Mt of expected #2 production do we now have 300,000 Mt of #2? That would be a massive issue.

But if we also on the other hand have 300,000 Mt of low quality that could be important if one has a bunch of #3 product green lentils. One winter I sold 5000 MT of feed lentils to South America. Today they won't touch it with a 10 foot pole. They want good #2. That's a change.
                Last edited by dave4441; Sep 27, 2019, 15:12.

Comment

Originally posted by farmaholic View Post
                  Just don't treat me like a fool!
                  Like those desperate texts we were all getting a month ago. They know whats up. This crop in Canada and the US has been ****ed since June. All that farmers edge drone data has made millionaires without lifting a finger.

Comment

Originally posted by dave4441 View Post
                    A simple discussion online about quality is going to open up some thoughts on where this is headed. Wish someone raised the issue before I sold $7 Durum.

Counter issues are supply from people like Russia? They have actually dominated some of our top markets like Iran/Dubai. So it's not all about Canada either. I have no clue what is going to happen in this market.

If we had 600000 Mt of expected #2 production do we now have 300,000 Mt of #2. That would be a massive issue.

But if we also on the other hand have 300,000 Mt of low quality that could be important if one has a bunch of #3 product green lentils. One winter I sold 5000 MT of feed lentils to South America. Today they won't touch it with a 10 foot pole. They want good #2. That's a change.
                    You can get $8.50 durum for April delivery in SW Sask now.

Comment

7 bucks for durum prior to the rain was a solid contract because had the shit weather not come you would be looking at 6 bucks or less for 1cwad....

There was some big crops coming ....they are still there ....just more 4 and 5 cwad than 1cwad now.

The 2016 durum fuzz crop gives the path forward... store it and blend it off....if you have a 1cwad deliver the poorer grades ...take the shitkicking if you can and make it up on 1cwad premiums that will be showing up....

Comment

Originally posted by SWFarmer View Post
                        You can get $8.50 durum for April delivery in SW Sask now.
                        That equates to less than $7.50 in WC Sask.

I know Greta would be furious but it by truck from here to reach that market.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                        • Return to Topic List
                        Working...