• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

#2 Large Green Lentils

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

#2 Large Green Lentils

I am trying to get a handle on the quantity of #2 or better large green lentils. What is your guys take on this? I am guessing its 50% good quality and 50% lower then #2 but i still don't really have a clue and haven't seen enough product to guess at it. Sask Ag and Foods stated 88% of the lentils are off the field as of Monday so we are getting close but what is guess at the quality of the harvested product.

Call 1-306-885-2144. They should have a handle on quality parameters in this area....lol.....

Comment

Originally posted by dave4441 View Post
      I am trying to get a handle on the quantity of #2 or better large green lentils. What is your guys take on this? I am guessing its 50% good quality and 50% lower then #2 but i still don't really have a clue and haven't seen enough product to guess at it. Sask Ag and Foods stated 88% of the lentils are off the field as of Monday so we are getting close but what is guess at the quality of the harvested product.
      That would also depend on blending abilities. Lots get bought for lower then blended up. Lots of #1's get bought as #2's and used for blending up lower grades before they are sold. So hard to tell.

Comment

Tell us your price....maybe the bid should be 35 cents...before you start asking phucking snoopy questions ....are you bonded and licensed by CGC....my info isn't free....

BTW do you report your sales volumes publicly like they do in the states?????

Maybe buy some US greens and then that will get reported...

this is just therapy....guys that don't pay attention and start asking after thumbing themselves all year...
        Last edited by bucket; Sep 27, 2019, 11:06.

Comment

So let me get this straight we tell you so you have less risk as to what’s out here, meaning this will not lead to higher prices. For your info most of the lentils are outstanding in the field.

Comment

Originally posted by walterm View Post
            That would also depend on blending abilities. Lots get bought for lower then blended up. Lots of #1's get bought as #2's and used for blending up lower grades before they are sold. So hard to tell.
            No, #1 is never used to blend down to a #2. In fact the tolerances for a #2 are so tight that it is hard to blend lower quality product into a #2. Other damage allowed is 2% so in a year like this it is almost impossible. What was grown is what we can export for the most part.

Comment

All the good ones are heading to Annuga this weekend.

Comment

Originally posted by the big wheel View Post
                So let me get this straight we tell you so you have less risk as to what’s out here, meaning this will not lead to higher prices. For your info most of the lentils are outstanding in the field.
                I am a farmer, i have a few people that i know around the province (thanks to 7 years of university), i can sort this stuff long term, it's not a secret.

Isn't this a marketing forum? I have avoided posting on here for a year at least for the simple fact that marketing seems to be a war between the buyer and grower. At least this is predictable.
                Last edited by dave4441; Sep 27, 2019, 11:17.

Comment

I think Lairds are going to be scarce, the big pearls take about 10 days to 2 weeks longer than Estons. I am sure there are a lot still out getting “washed” and “bleached”, maybe never will see the bin. These guys think you can make a silk purse from a sow’s ear. They don’t realize how closely those samples are scrutinized abroad, every speck of dust - every wrinkle- no different than the elevator experience. Wish it was different but the world is not hungry - yet.

Comment

I am a farmer, i have a few people that i know around the province (thanks to 7 years of university), i can sort this stuff long term, it's not a secret.

Isn't this a marketing forum? I have avoided posting on here for a year at least for the simple fact that marketing seems to be a war between the buyer and grower. At least this is predictable.
                    Which are you...a buyer or a grower today and as a buyer why wouldn't you be lending advice to the AV community about grades and prices and the future?????

You come across as someone who hasn't been paying attention....

And what is your bid?????

Easiest way to find out is to dangle a carrot. ...unless you are bound by collusionary practices in the pulse industry. ...
                    Last edited by bucket; Sep 27, 2019, 11:44.

Comment

Originally posted by bucket View Post
                      Which are you...a buyer or a grower today and as a buyer why wouldn't you be lending advice to the AV community about grades and prices and the future?????

You come across as someone who hasn't been paying attention....
                      Markets are moving up. Don't pay attention to special crops pricing or production? You are highly mistaken. Ask my girlfriend, it's apparently all i pay attention to. Lol. Where it stops is anyone's guess. I don't know the answer to that. Often these harvest rally's are the top of the year. I do know that India will likely try and buy cheap lower quality for splitting which leaves less higher quality for our traditional markets. But with similar acreage to last year this weather event has changed market from really bearish to something else. Just not sure what that something else is.

You know i sold the last of my durum at $7.25 and seeing $8 now. I didn't know the 4" rain was going to damage things in that market the way it has. I don't know what this is going to do either but having some discussion can't hurt either.

Comment

What is your bid for green lentils....

Let's cut to the chase....

I don't need your personal details ...dont care...it's a marketing thread....business...prices.....

Comment

Originally posted by bucket View Post
                          What is your bid for green lentils....

Let's cut to the chase....

I don't need your personal details ...dont care...it's a marketing thread....business...prices.....
                          23 FOB Oct Nov

Comment

23 FOB Oct Nov
                            Not high enough .....try again...

Comment

I grew greens one time and they graded a 3 in the fall and were worth 8 cents....less than feed wheat I think....sold them later as a 2 after being oxidized ( cough then puke that excuse ) for year or two for 32 cents....

I think greens have to see 40 cents...but you will see them get let go to there...

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...