• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Market reaction

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Market reaction

.....when will they realize?

Some price movement in higher quality cereals but still is adequate in HRS.

Bin and keep the good stuff.....pile the poor stuff on the ground, an area Sage said there's as much ground to store it on as it was grown on!

Canada may not be one of the largest grain producers but it is one of the biggest exporters!
    Canada will have a quality issue, can you imagine what a CGC grade distribution pie chart will look like this year.

Somebody might have to lower their standards.

I think this is bigger than just me suffering from backyarditis.

Did most of the crop come off in southern Manitoba and Alberta?

Is there enough quality to go around?

Forecast doesn't seem to be baked into the prices. Maybe after pictures of crops under snow banks will the price move up. Mostly to capitalize on the guys that can't fill contracts.
    Last edited by biglentil; Sep 26, 2019, 20:55.

Comment

If i dont get to use my combine dont much matter.

Comment

Like i always say. The market knows Jack Shit.

Its a scam .

Comment

The Scam starts with the Gov agencies that brag how well the harvest is going.

Not one mentions the quality of the crop.

Then the rest try to pry the little crop harvested from Stupid farmers in little trinkets here is 10 cents premium please sell.

Well if I have no combine turning a wheel in 2019 tough to keep the terminal full down the road.

The market knows jack shit.

Sask at 40% done and Manitoba 60% whats next Alberta is finished.

Comment

Regardless of the disasterous harvest conditions, it really still is harvest happy hour.

Maybe prices won't rise until the "cheap" orders have been filled.
            Then they might have to cover losses from buying grain for more than they sold it for.
            It's hard to deliver grain that is still in the field.....almost 4 weeks longer than it should be....soon to be 5 weeks and with quality problems already existing.
            Then someone has to pay the potential demurrage.

Comment

Originally posted by farmaholic View Post
              Regardless of the disasterous harvest conditions, it really still is harvest happy hour.

Maybe prices won't rise until the "cheap" orders have been filled.
              Then they might have to cover losses from buying grain for more than they sold it for.
              It's hard to deliver grain that is still in the field.....almost 4 weeks longer than it should be....soon to be 5 weeks and with quality problems already existing.
              Then someone has to pay the potential demurrage.
              You and I both know who is paying the demurrage.....its not someone....and I suspect we are already paying it....

Comment

How demurrage charges flow...

Click image for larger version

Name:	trickle down.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	59.1 KB
ID:	767805
                Should be added that last report showed the west coast was nearly current with shipping and ship counts(with over half of the ships in Vancouver requiring multiple berths to fill they need quite a few ships to keep thing fluid). Exports are off to a great start.
                25.2 million in net charges dispatch/demurrage in 2017-18
                Last edited by farming101; Sep 27, 2019, 07:26.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                • Return to Topic List
                Working...