• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Gun Ban

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What's with the high capacity magazine ban talk? If the guys talking about this, and it has been brought up in this conversation, knew anything they would know they are PROHIBITED in Canada. You can only have magazines in high powered rifles of 5 cartridges. Jeezus H. Let's smarten up already.
    Yes, handguns can have 10.

Comment

There is a peninsula in the Great Lakes that runs close to the US . A special group wants total autonomy on that land , anyone want to guess why ??? Nope , not ever mentioned in Canadian media , especially now with 600 mill in their pockets.
      #drugandgunrunning
      Last edited by furrowtickler; Sep 21, 2019, 22:08.

Comment

Oh shush, they're a 'nation' of their own. Want some cheap cigs???????

The long gun registry dismantle made a shambles of trying to ban everything overnight.
        Trudeau making points with something very difficult/expensive to do unless it is strictly the now current restricteds.
        "Black" rifles of all types sold out since he opened his mouth months ago.

Comment

It can be done over time, but this is definitely not NZ or Aus.
          And gangs will always have what they need. Look at map for gawds
          sake
          Funny, the Garand is 83 yrs old with a wood stock as issued. It has an 8 shot pinger clip that is perfectly legal.
          Dozens of AR similar yet not alike "black" rifles could have wood stocks and fixed (not removable) clips. Non restricted, unknown how many out there.
          It's a platinum rabbit hole for a quick fix.
          I'll agree with better storage though.
          Criminals out here are taking whole safes now if they can.
          Last edited by blackpowder; Sep 21, 2019, 22:26.

Comment

The AR-15 is a fairly old design, it was first designed in the 50s.
            So sixty plus years old.

Comment

Originally posted by sk_wheatking View Post
              What's with the high capacity magazine ban talk? If the guys talking about this, and it has been brought up in this conversation, knew anything they would know they are PROHIBITED in Canada. You can only have magazines in high powered rifles of 5 cartridges. Jeezus H. Let's smarten up already.
              Yes, handguns can have 10.
              Those 5 round mags are only in semi auto centerfire rifles or shotguns. This does not apply to rimfire.

Comment

Originally posted by chuckChuck View Post
                There is no single solution to increasing gun crime. It will take multiple efforts to stop illegal guns and legal guns ending up in the hands of criminals.

Scheer doesn't want to offend the gun lobby or his gun toting rural base. He is soft on gun crime.

Nobody has made a credible case as to why they need a hand gun. Why?
                First, legal owners of legal firearms of all types are not a threat to society, no matter the type of firearm.
                The police understand this.
                In much of rural Canada, police response to crime is measured in hours, not minutes.
                There is not much major rural theft or home invasion because of self protection.
                So, the police in rural Canada, ie,the RCMP, understand.
                Statistics will show that the incidence of firearm abuse in rural Canada is so low that the benefit is greater no matter the type, as allowed by current legislation.

The criminals are the problem, not law abiding citizens with legally registered firearms.

Not much hope here that Chuck can see the obvious.

Comment

Originally posted by furrowtickler View Post
                  And yet anyone can buy Tanerite over the counter for the past few years . Or kids able to get drug paraphernalia over the counter at every gas station in Canada ..... wow some of you don’t get it .
                  So that gives you the right to own an assult weapon???Have you or anyone you know actually needed an assult weapon that an ordinary hunting gun would not have worked.?

Comment

Originally posted by Braveheart View Post
                    Those 5 round mags are only in semi auto centerfire rifles or shotguns. This does not apply to rimfire.
                    I know that, that's why I simply stated high powered ammunition which is center fire. I guess my post was too difficult for some on agriville to understand. On another note, I can tell by the posts here, and as earlier stated by another member, that the majority on here have little to absolutely no idea what is involved in obtaining a restricted firearm licence, and then actually purchasing and possessing the firearm. I wonder, were all those restricted and prohibited guns found in the drug raid in north battleford registered? If not then how were they purchased? So let me see, take my firearms away, your family is finally safe, women now safe, crime solved! Uh, just a minute what about those firearms? There is never going to be a law that stops criminals from obtaining firearms. They are available anywhere on the streets. The guns seized in that raid wont even be a blip on the radar and were most likely replaced instantly. The guns that come up from the u.s. must be mind blowing. You know, all those guns found in that house in n.b. along with drugs, stolen merchandise, and absolutely nothing 2 days later on the news. It's like the cops knew it was there, something went bad with maybe an informant so they shut their operation down and now not saying a thing. No warrants out for anyone, no follow ups no nothing.

Think about it.

Comment

Originally posted by Braveheart View Post
                      Those 5 round mags are only in semi auto centerfire rifles or shotguns.
                      There are bolt action centerfire rifles with 5 round mags.

Comment

I guess I should have added, those of you that think that our gun laws regarding restricted firearms isn't enough, go get your restricted possession and acquisition license and see for yourself. I bet out of the people on here that are complaining that it's not enough, at least HALF of you because of one reason or another would be denied. You better have not had a rocky relationship with a girl friend or a divorce because your out. That's just the start of it. You can almost be denied for parking tickets.

Comment

Originally posted by newguy View Post
                          So that gives you the right to own an assult weapon???Have you or anyone you know actually needed an assult weapon that an ordinary hunting gun would not have worked.?
                          You will have to tell us what your definition of an “assault weapon” is.

It appears you have no clue about what is already prohibited or illegal in Canada.

Comment

Originally posted by Dr Tone View Post
                            There are bolt action centerfire rifles with 5 round mags.
                            You can't have any, center fire magazine with a capacity of more than 5 rounds, in a rifle, shotgun. Period, unless your in a gang or criminal organization because the firearms you have are obtained illegally!

Comment

A ban on black guns is the thin edge of the wedge, handguns and other long guns will follow. Urban and rural are totally different worlds in my life a firearm is as common place as a double double in the urbanites hand.

Comment

Originally posted by newguy View Post
                                Haha, I rest my case on the un informed.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                                • Return to Topic List
                                Working...