• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Protect Yourselves

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by tweety View Post
    The following will be posted on Agriville Sept 2029.

If I knew what was going to happen to farmland prices I "woulda coulda shoulda" borrowed as much as possible and bought as much as I could have. Too late now, I think the party is pretty much over.
    Not by me it won't....given the stage I'm at in my life.
    Besides I believe to parabolic growth we saw in the last ten years will give way to a way more modest inflation driven growth, and maybe even a slight correction down.

But who knows?

Comment

If the 1990’s repeat there was nothing you could grow to make a profit for many years. Hence, land we bought for $750/acre was worth $375 and land bought in 1981 at $1500 was worth same. The current land bubble was inflated by foreigners, ethanol, and low interest rates. What does the crystal ball say about the future of agriculture? Who will pull the strings? Who knows?

Comment

Originally posted by farmaholic View Post
        Why is my luck everyone else's?

If I knew what was going to happen to farmland prices I "woulda coulda shoulda" borrowed as much as possible and bought as much as I could have. Too late now, I think the party is pretty much over.
        Your farm land has not gone up in value. A pickup truck is $100000.00 and a combine is $ 10000000.00 . The dollar went down.

Comment

Originally posted by farmaholic View Post
          But who knows?
          There is a disconnect in the grain markets. Shortages are being covered up right now. When you get desperate texts from the grain companies something is up.

Comment

Originally posted by furrowtickler View Post
            Did you know Harper tried to make certain special groups financially accountable ? Yet the instant JT got in he turfed that , Along with many other things that would have made this a better country today ? Or you don’t want to hear about that ?
            Every new government makes changes to laws passed by previous governments. I bet you agree with Harper getting rid of the long gun registry, the CWB, even the long form census - all instituted by previous governments. That is why informed voters should know what the platform of parties are before voting, so they know what the party wants to do.

What we do not need is, and why I responded to Jazz, is when people like Jazz use social media to spread pure propaganda and miss information. To claim what he posed is Liberal policy is pure BS. Yet there are uniformed people who will read what Jazz wrote and actually believe it. IMHO most Canadians could not tell you where to even find the platform of the party they are going to vote for, much less read it.

Comment

Sorry but the Liberal record speaks for itself.

Comment

Originally posted by jazz View Post
                Remember the GST and carbon taxes and PST. Soon as you slip a little percentage type tax on to something, its easy to raise it by increments over time. So its 5% for this govt, but then the next makes it 7% or increases the sales period to 10 yrs etc etc. Or you do a little trick like charge tax on tax. Then it should be expanded to farmland.

Tax payers are boiling frogs.
                Brad Walls last budget had more tax raises for farmers than the carbon tax ever will.Cost me 600 bucks more alone on a new pickup when he raised the pst.He was going to tax insurance.

Comment

Originally posted by newguy View Post
                  Brad Walls last budget had more tax raises for farmers than the carbon tax ever will.Cost me 600 bucks more alone on a new pickup when he raised the pst.He was going to tax insurance.
                  Ever wonder why tax’s go up ??
                  Too many freeloaders on society .... someone has to pay for that , especially when wealth creating industries get kicked in the teeth

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                  • Return to Topic List
                  Working...