• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A must watch............

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Grahamp View Post
    Interesting how a single desk monopoly taking advantage of the amazing quality of Canadian wheat achieved such premiums for the growers.
    Ha ha, Canadian farmer breakeven price is higher than the premium market price.
    I was farming in all that mess. I was allowed to use my Dads 35 year old equipment and I thought I was really doing something worthwhile. Fast forward 25 years, I have upgraded to more tractors implements and still.....its 35 years old.

I like the message Furrow, but like Bucket, my skepticism and pessimism have been forged. Most of us have watched the industry eat most of the pie. I have resolved myself to “wait and see” attitude. The entire ag industry does not care about the the actual farmer, they only care about how much wealth they can take from them. That has not changed in my career.

I will entertain market rhetoric then wait and see. No more enthusiastic reflection to the future.

I almost got taken on a grain contract for $135,000. My severe skepticism saved me from delivering. That was far too close for my liking. We no longer just have to scrutinize every expense but also exercise due diligence to be sure we get paid.

Comment

Originally posted by hobbyfrmr View Post
      Ha ha, Canadian farmer breakeven price is higher than the premium market price.
      I was farming in all that mess. I was allowed to use my Dads 35 year old equipment and I thought I was really doing something worthwhile. Fast forward 25 years, I have upgraded to more tractors implements and still.....its 35 years old.

I like the message Furrow, but like Bucket, my skepticism and pessimism have been forged. Most of us have watched the industry eat most of the pie. I have resolved myself to “wait and see” attitude. The entire ag industry does not care about the the actual farmer, they only care about how much wealth they can take from them. That has not changed in my career.

I will entertain market rhetoric then wait and see. No more enthusiastic reflection to the future.

I almost got taken on a grain contract for $135,000. My severe skepticism saved me from delivering. That was far too close for my liking. We no longer just have to scrutinize every expense but also exercise due diligence to be sure we get paid.
      The message is not to produce more ...... it’s the fact the 2019 corn crop is way overestimated..... that’s the point .....

Comment

$8.81/acre in fertilizer costs in 1992. Could that possibly be correct? Anyone have any price per tonne(or ton, or lb) from that era?

What are you doing reading Farmwoman, Farmaholic?

Comment

Originally posted by AlbertaFarmer5 View Post
          $8.81/acre in fertilizer costs in 1992. Could that possibly be correct? Anyone have any price per tonne(or ton, or lb) from that era?

What are you doing reading Farmwoman, Farmaholic?
          Nope, I'm knitting, drinking tea and watching the Social. Then I'm going to binge watch all the Marilyn Denis episodes I have PVRed!

Comment

Originally posted by Grahamp View Post
            Interesting how a single desk monopoly taking advantage of the amazing quality of Canadian wheat achieved such premiums for the growers.
            Actually If you farmed then and Were Aware of the issues (A lot of farmers weren’t and Still aren’t)
            Then you’d Remember the USDA’s EXport Enhancement Program. You know where the US government would GIVE a customer an extra bushel for every 2 they bought

Comment

I agree with both Bucket and Hobby. They have been spewing the same bullshit for years how we are gonna run out of food and still no pay check. People would sooner pay a ridiculous price for a ticket to a sporting event or concert than the food they need to survive. Actors and Athletes get paid stupid amounts of money for nothing in my opinion. They don’t save lives. Teach people skills that matter. Help people become better people. They entertain which isn’t totally necessary to our survival. We risk a lot every year with the hope of making cents on the dollar return with nothing guaranteed. I’d like a 65 million dollar guaranteed contract like Mitch Mariner to produce food. You just get that WTF attitude when they can throw money around like that for something that isn’t really that important yet food production is not even on the radar. Makes u feel like a second class nobody.

Comment

Originally posted by FarmJunkie View Post
                I agree with both Bucket and Hobby. They have been spewing the same bullshit for years how we are gonna run out of food and still no pay check. People would sooner pay a ridiculous price for a ticket to a sporting event or concert than the food they need to survive. Actors and Athletes get paid stupid amounts of money for nothing in my opinion. They don’t save lives. Teach people skills that matter. Help people become better people. They entertain which isn’t totally necessary to our survival. We risk a lot every year with the hope of making cents on the dollar return with nothing guaranteed. I’d like a 65 million dollar guaranteed contract like Mitch Mariner to produce food. You just get that WTF attitude when they can throw money around like that for something that isn’t really that important yet food production is not even on the radar. Makes u feel like a second class nobody.
                Agree , and on top of feeling like a second class nobody, farmers get continuously attacked from all sides just trying to grow crops to help feed the world , create wealth and raise a family .

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                • Return to Topic List
                Working...