• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My vote is for sale

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by furrowtickler View Post
    Entitled? Really? Few few are . Sorry things did not work out for you. Bad luck and weather can take down even the best laid plans . Don’t belittle everyone because of your misfortune. Most of us have been through very rough times. But right now the numbers don’t work even if you have all cheap land paid for and run all older used paid for equipment. Let’s just look at reality here .
    Sorry I came across that way! Not my intent at all! Apologies...

Comment

Originally posted by the big wheel View Post
      Why would they go up these are prices for 11 to 12 canola not 9 canola they should have dropped input prices already.
      Duh ! Because it wouldn't be a secret, if farmers received a windfall payment, and just like when natives win a payment of some type for some wrong doing in the past, car dealerships are licking their chops, and can see them coming a mile away.

You think your goin' receive a gov't payment in the tens or hundreds of thousands of dollars,,, and ag retailers and equipment dealers won't know??? FFS man.

The neighbour who rents you land will even know,,, don't be surprised when he says he wants a couple more bucks rent.

So many feed off farmers, and I'm not talking about the food we provide for consumers.

Comment

When we got a too wet to seed payment. Landlord wanted a piece of the pie, or lose the land.

Comment

Originally posted by Sheepwheat View Post
          When we got a too wet to seed payment. Landlord wanted a piece of the pie, or lose the land.
          Interesting ...my landlord was happy to get his rent payment ...and hoped I would do it again....

Comment

Originally posted by furrowtickler View Post
            Entitled? Really? Few few are . Sorry things did not work out for you. Bad luck and weather can take down even the best laid plans . Don’t belittle everyone because of your misfortune. Most of us have been through very rough times. But right now the numbers don’t work even if you have all cheap land paid for and run all older used paid for equipment. Let’s just look at reality here .
            To be totally honest, the numbers DO work for me fairly well right now. And my land is not paid for. Iron is though. I get how they may not for sure. One guy may make money with 35 bushel canola, one guy may be struggling with 50. We need to be better at controlling the things we in fact CAN control; there are so few in grain farming.

My main thrust is to try and tell folks to be careful. We are not in a game where we have control over diddly. Look outside the box, there are many overlooked ways to farm. Many, many, many.

Comment

Originally posted by beaverdam View Post
              Duh ! Because it wouldn't be a secret, if farmers received a windfall payment, and just like when natives win a payment of some type for some wrong doing in the past, car dealerships are licking their chops, and can see them coming a mile away.

You think your goin' receive a gov't payment in the tens or hundreds of thousands of dollars,,, and ag retailers and equipment dealers won't know??? FFS man.

The neighbour who rents you land will even know,,, don't be surprised when he says he wants a couple more bucks rent.

So many feed off farmers, and I'm not talking about the food we provide for consumers.
              Don’t duh me you prick! It’s dumb asses like you that the peckerheads in politics love. But your obviously one of them.

And aheepwheat keep your nose in your own business. You don’t grow the crops that are diving in price so fk off yet like all the other issues you still too dumb to realize why your being punted out of grain farming. It’s because of high prices lol. Ffs
              There’s 2 parts to this price loss that came first that needs to be recouped. Anyone feeding off that should be dealt with.
              Last edited by the big wheel; Sep 12, 2019, 11:24.

Comment

Originally posted by bucket View Post
                Interesting ...my landlord was happy to get his rent payment ...and hoped I would do it again....
                Yup, some are like that, and some are sure not. Some folks are gracious, some are cutthroat!

Comment

Don’t duh me you prick! It’s dumb asses like you that the peckerheads in politics love. But your obviously one of them.
                  I think the weather's getting to Wheelie...chillax!

p.s., I am not above taking a "bribe", everyone else seems to be getting them.

Comment

I’m not giving what Sheepwheat is saying a “Like”, but I agree with him. Farming has always been cycles of highs and lows. You may have to consolidate your position to keep going. It has always been like this.
                    Often foreign entities come in at the lows and you can’t compete with them. Seen it many times.

Comment

And aheepwheat keep your nose in your own business. You don’t grow the crops that are diving in price so fk off yet like all the other issues you still too dumb to realize why your being punted out of grain farming. It’s because of high prices lol. Ffs
                      There’s 2 parts to this price loss that came first that needs to be recouped. Anyone feeding off that should be dealt with.
                      Duck(sp) boy you must be new to farming,,, you're really going to get your eyes opened over your next 40 years of farming.

Comment

To be totally honest, the numbers DO work for me fairly well right now. And my land is not paid for. Iron is though. I get how they may not for sure. One guy may make money with 35 bushel canola, one guy may be struggling with 50. We need to be better at controlling the things we in fact CAN control; there are so few in grain farming.

My main thrust is to try and tell folks to be careful. We are not in a game where we have control over diddly. Look outside the box, there are many overlooked ways to farm. Many, many, many.
                        Yup agree , we think farther outside the box than many . Been through enough tough times to have things as stream lined as possible. Very few are as careful as us

Comment

Wow, big wheel. I suggest you calm down some. I feel bad for guys who have fits like that. And what crops do I grow exactly? You sure seem to know a lot about me.

Wait, are y’all my landlord that had to have a piece of that too wet payment? Now I know who you are... lol

Opinions shouldn’t cause such stress, I do hope you have a good rest of the day and I do hope we all get our crops off. I do hope prices improve some and that we are all still here next year, and look closer at what we are doing to see what we can do to change the things that need changing.

Waiting for a subsidy sure isnt gunna cut it. There are many things we can do to work through. Standing with your head shoved in the box at Canada post isn’t part of the answer I see, nice and easy though it might be...
                          Last edited by Sheepwheat; Sep 12, 2019, 12:06.

Comment

Originally posted by wiseguy
                            freewheat No one is gonna supply you with free rent !

Pay the Rent or get lost !
                            You’d be surprised! Lol

Comment

Wow, big wheel. I suggest you calm down some. I feel bad for guys who have fits like that. And what crops do I grow exactly? You sure seem to know a lot about me.

Wait, are y’all my landlord that had to have a piece of that too wet payment? Now I know who you are... lol

Opinions shouldn’t cause such stress, I do hope you have a good rest of the day and I do hope we all get our crops off. I do hope prices improve some and that we are all still here next year, and look closer at what we are doing to see what we can do to change the things that need changing.

Waiting for a subsidy sure isnt gunna cut it. There are many things we can do to work through. Standing with your head shoved in the box at Canada post isn’t part of the answer I see, nice and easy though it might be...
                              First of all it’s no subsidy it’s a payment to being up lost income due to a problem in our govs ability to correct a situation they are responsible for. Every other industrial country does it.

As far as your landlord if you weren’t smart enough to have deal in writing about what happens if you don’t deed then it’s their land so?
                              All my agreements clearly state what happens.
                              I would suspect if you went to a lawyer you likely would have only owed rhe agreed rental rate.

I feel bad for guys that don’t have rhe smarts to see the reasons why they’re being punted from grain farming but try to tell the rest of us what we should do. Lmao!!

Comment

Originally posted by wiseguy
                                Renting to freewheat and co. x zero crop = Zero Rent !

Punt !

freewheat thinks he doesn't need a subsidy !

no Land no Subsidy !
                                Sheep are obviously the answer!!! But wait if we all do it then what? It will be just like canola.
                                If we ask more money for sheep then they will charge us more for sheep feed so we better give the sheep away. Then if we have no money they can’t charge us more. We ll Fix them dummies!

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                                • Return to Topic List
                                Working...