• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sad pic

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AlbertaFarmer5 View Post
    It concerns me enough that I am willing to waste my time engaging with uninformed Internet trolls who would have us turn the clock back by decades by removing the tools humans have developed allowing us to avoid such a fate.

I was offering you the chance to share your wisdom on regenerative methods, which are a big part of the solution, but instead you revert to your usual anti-glyphosate rants, and childish insults. Do you have anything constructive to add?
    There you go again with your strawman twisted arguments. You're simply too immature to leave your liminal space.

Comment

Originally posted by AlbertaFarmer5 View Post
      It concerns me enough that I am willing to waste my time engaging with uninformed Internet trolls who would have us turn the clock back by decades by removing the tools humans have developed allowing us to avoid such a fate.

I was offering you the chance to share your wisdom on regenerative methods, which are a big part of the solution, but instead you revert to your usual anti-glyphosate rants, and childish insults. Do you have anything constructive to add?
      I cant believe anyone wastes their time with this thing
      Over half the replys on his stupid thread are its own same rehashed bullshit
      Last edited by Guest; Sep 13, 2019, 10:32.

Comment

We headed down to Plentywood yesterday, abour 2/3 of lentils done and a few wheat or barley. Only one field of swathed Canola. Water standing everywhere and summerfallow fields are solid thistle, where do all those thistle seeds come from, they must survive for decades?

Comment

South Dakota under water

Comment

I've heard thistle seeds can survive 20 years anyway, docks which were more of a problem in Scotland it's 50 years.

Comment

Interesting fact that has been proven over last 3 years. Finding just starting to come out but hard for guys with all crop and no livestock component.

Glypho resistant ryegrass in australia lots of people freak out about but know literally almost hundreds who have got numbers down to zero.

Anyway a new tact is say a population with 80% resistance if left for 3 years with no glypho resistant plants drop to about 15% and 4 years down to about 8%, so for those years you graze and start crop cycle again after after 2 or 4 years.

Chem resistance was a bogey man maybe 10 yrs ago but farmers being farmers get around it and new stuff coming out all the time and different techniques.

Some scorching days ahead for alot of australias crop areas over next week.

Even in some of the worst spots some very very good no till farmers guys top of the tree have quite good crops considering rainfall.

Id like to think my crops without bragging maybe 20% above traditional guys but my next door neighbour a fantastic no till farmer fastidiuos about weeds and fert id have to say he might have 100 to 150% above district average. Been chem farming the longest say since 1993 or 4 i started in 2003.

Some organic guys have crops some have a dust bowl organic is so hard in super dry years. Organic livestock does work but no "huge" premium for meat but its veg and fruit and breads were they pick up the dollars. Sadly my organic paddock has failed but will perserve again with it to see what pans out. Thinking even the pig shit i spread may have had "new" weeds in it ive not seen before.

See by some replies your getting your knickers in a knot with dick milk guy just accept hes on a crusade put him on ignore list, same ole same ole. I doubt he even knows theres a drought in oz or a frost in many parts let him do what he does and he will let us just move on we know his thoughts.

Admin you should really have a block function or those who want to use it.

Comment

Long chem fallow on minimal rain last year. This year 75mm to date with 21mm in crop. Not bad really.

From nsw guys condoblin area still needs rain has a long way to go being so late in year but hanging for grim life no notable rain since pic second week of aug

Click image for larger version

Name:	fallow.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	96.1 KB
ID:	767748
                Last edited by malleefarmer; Sep 13, 2019, 22:49.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                • Return to Topic List
                Working...