• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Rain showers on que ...

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by hobbyfrmr View Post
    I think this is a very good idea.
    My rye growing neighbours usually keep it on inventory until the price is right.
    Its good to have an old variety on hand to avoid the seed tax. It is one way you can control yourself and tell the seed tax people to shove it.
    The royalty is exacted at sale and its not based on any specific variety as I understand it. That means they can tax any crop you deliver even old varieties to pay for new ones you don't use.

I have enough seed durum in the bin for the rest of my farming career but there is nothing stopping them hitting those sales too as they come in or going for deregister.

Comment

Don’t forget they will de register all ‘unwanted, undesirable varieties ASAP!’

That is how they will ensure control.

When varieties live too long, guess who can’t capitalize?

Comment

How can farmers survive the thiefery? Bureaucracy doesn’t sleep, thinking of ways to get into the pockets and the pockets are empty.

Comment

Back to RAIN topic, on que, Bethune is off line! See it's NOT waterproof. Who needs it when sun is shining? OMG what losers!

Comment

Originally posted by fjlip View Post
            Back to RAIN topic, on que, Bethune is off line! See it's NOT waterproof. Who needs it when sun is shining? OMG what losers!
            They're tuning and calibrating it....😁

Comment

What, you didn’t pay the radar tax? Geez!

Comment

Originally posted by bucket View Post
                I hope someone with the older varieties of Fall rye keep growing it....this is where it is heading...

I should buy the old rye variety and put the hybrid seed cost into fertilizer ....
                I talked to a farmer that grew the hybrid. Said the millers didn’t want the hybrid.

Comment

Originally posted by TASFarms View Post
                  I talked to a farmer that grew the hybrid. Said the millers didn’t want the hybrid.
                  But the hybrid seed providers like it....easy money...

Comment

Originally posted by hobbyfrmr View Post
                    I think this is a very good idea.
                    My rye growing neighbours usually keep it on inventory until the price is right.
                    Its good to have an old variety on hand to avoid the seed tax. It is one way you can control yourself and tell the seed tax people to shove it.
                    No problem
                    They will just deregister the old one
                    Happens every year with wheat
                    And harper and ritz gave them all the power they need to do it
                    And numbnuts couldnt care less now

Comment

Originally posted by caseih View Post
                      No problem
                      They will just deregister the old one
                      Happens every year with wheat
                      And harper and ritz gave them all the power they need to do it
                      And numbnuts couldnt care less now
                      ditz should have introduced an ostrich tax too

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                      • Return to Topic List
                      Working...