• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Friday Crop Report on a Thursday!

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

In our area, there are two of us that have been growing peas for a long time. We noticed it first. Others are now starting to see something is up. Yes, maybe higher moisture areas have something to do with it. But it is a real yield robber.

The 8-year rule works.

I have a line in one field form four to 8-year rule. Difference is night and day.

Comment

Finally Cargill is open on a Sunday in harvest.

Maybe jim will figure it out.

I’m tired of paying for a hospital with someone else’s name on it. Double price for parts.

Trudeau propane gas gas carbon tax on it.

Comment

Wheat 120 days since seeding, still green, soft kernels, hopefully keeps standing!

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4553.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	99.5 KB
ID:	767723

Lots of barley combined. Majority of canola still to swath, some sprayed but weeks away from combine. JUST TOO COLD all summer, vote for Lieberals if you want it COLDER!
        Last edited by fjlip; Sep 8, 2019, 10:22.

Comment

Sand ridge coming off today should make a 2 seeded May 7 and then first rain mid June. The rest should be better

Comment

No green? What moisture test?

Comment

Lentils done and a bit of durum, everything else a week away.

Waking up to no rain - there’s hope for a lot of acres to go. A few of us remember long Indian Summers way past halloween. 👍

Comment

Had 3.5 tenths Sat morning so no combining all wk end. Had 160 lentils to finish out of 2000, sure would have been nice to finish them. Oh well could always be worse. Hopefully this rain event somehow dissipates throughout the week.
                If not, there’s going to be a lot of feed quality in the system.

Comment

Originally posted by fjlip View Post
                  No green? What moisture test?
                  They live in a different world down there on the open plains. It’s dry you see.

Comment

Looks like October before any chance here.

Comment

Originally posted by Hamloc View Post
                      Well a few things have changed over the last while. First started combining peas today. Used reglone to speed up the process. A little over 2 weeks behind last year. Last year we had just under 4 inches of rain on our peas and yielded 62 bushels and a bale and a half per acre. This year we have had almost 11 inches of rain and in the little bit we have done yield appears to be about 10 bushels less per acre but almost 2 bales per acre of straw, go figure.

Lots of barley in the area being swathed and some combined, haven't heard what the yields are but barley looks good. We swathed one little field for seed but looks like it will all be sprouted before we can combine it, fml. Those who can successfully swath cereals must live in a different climate than I.

Pre harvest has begun on wheat but lots of fields still to green. I have done one field but will be waiting a bit before doing any more.
                      12.6" of rain here since May 1, 14" if you include a pre-seeding April rain that originally I was thankful for, but it pushed seeding back and now look where we are. Preharvest completed in the wheat, squeezed it in before this rain. Peas flat on the ground, maybe half is done in the area but of ours, some is almost harvestable if we could get some nice drying days, and some still not ready for dessicating yet. A guy I know 30mi away said their peas are running 12bu/ac, they farm heavy clay though. I'm expecting 30-40. Lots of 2nd growth in barley around here.

Originally posted by Hamloc View Post
                      Canola, swathing has begun here and there, some too early imo. Mine looks to be 1 1/2 to 2 weeks away from being ready to swath. Last year we straight cut it all, pod shatter was good but the rest suffered a bit of wind damage. This year it is all invigor pod shatter and interested to see how swathing works.
                      L234PC? We planted some this year, it is leaning hard compared to our L241C. The L234PC is supposed to have "strong" standability, but Invigor rates standability on a scale from "Strong" to "Very Strong" lol. It's not flat on the ground though. Most of our canola that we'll swath was swathed last week. Of the PC variety, we'll swath some and straight cut some, see what the difference is. First year trying straight cut canola.

Rain/showers predicted at the end of the 7-day forecast. We'll be lucky to finish peas and a bit of wheat in Sep.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                      • Return to Topic List
                      Working...