• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Louis Dreyfus is selling out to P & H

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• fjlip
    replied
    How many BILLIONS did it take?

So they have two terminals in Tisdale WTF?
    Last edited by fjlip; Sep 4, 2019, 19:52.

Leave a comment:

• Partners
    replied
    Hope it pans out for whoever goes there.
    The plant at quill lake is always lower prices than viterra or RP at wadena..

Leave a comment:

• walterm
    replied
    Lost track but wasn't someone trying to take over P&H just a couple years ago? If not betting someone soon will be.

Leave a comment:

• MBgrower
    replied
    Soon down to one chem/fert supplier, one grain buyer,and JD.

Leave a comment:

• makar
    replied
    Yes this is fantastic. more competition. Wow. Right on , when we lost p and h i lost half my market.

Leave a comment:

• the big wheel
    replied
    Yes this is fantastic. Less competition. Wow. Right on
    P and H very slow to buy canola hopefully it gets better otherwise will be a major loss.

Knew something was up last year Dreyfus seemed unorganized almost contracted canola and waited 2 months after agreed date to take it. Couldn’t get cheque’s same day. Was odd. Since they used to be a good place to deal.

Leave a comment:

• Kihei
    replied
    Dreyfus were quit often the best price so make sense for P and H I guess !

Leave a comment:

• LEP
    replied
    LDC has always had a larger targeted return on investment than other companies.

Brandt Randles is a very detail oriented and disciplined bean counter. I don't mean that in a bad way.
    Last edited by LEP; Sep 4, 2019, 14:02.

Leave a comment:

• beaverdam
    started a topic Louis Dreyfus is selling out to P & H

Louis Dreyfus is selling out to P & H

Just got an email from LDC.

Elevators to be sold are: Dawson Creek, BC; Rycroft, AB; Joffre, AB; Lyalta, AB; Wilkie (Brass), SK; Aberdeen, SK; Tisdale, SK; Glenavon (Kegworth), SK; Virden, MB; and Rathwell, MB.

LDC has been doing business in Canada for over 80 years and we remain committed to this important market. We will continue with our mission of connecting Canadian growers with local and international food markets – with a greater focus on value-added processing.

We will retain our grain terminal in Port Cartier, QC and our canola crushing and refinery facility in Yorkton, SK as well as our Calgary, AB office.
  • Reply to this Thread
  • Return to Topic List
Working...