• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Data from a Real Climatologist

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by tweety View Post
    Yes, they bob around in the ocean at regularly spaced intervals. Or they send little chuck chucks out in row boats.

Any guesses as to why ocean measurements start very accurately in the early 80's? Can you think of a technology that was "launched" at that time?
    You are referring to a different dataset. And it is not preferred by the Chuck's of the world because it doesn't show the same warming trend as the ground based measurements.

And yes, there are buoys bobbing around recording temperature data across the oceans, just not to the grid accuracy that these maps purportedly indicate.

Comment

Originally posted by Sheepwheat View Post
      Starting in the mid 90s, the government of Canada also stripped down hundreds of former weather collection sites. Mine was one of them. There used to be a reporting site every 20 or so miles. Now? Reporting sites are the ones you see in the pages of forecasts online. From Humboldt to Canora, there are no stations, a distance of about 200 km. There used to be at least five. They no longer exist. And these clowns somehow think they are getting accuracy.
      YES, so true. Although there seems to be lots of data coming out of the heat syncs - aka cities.

Comment

Yesterday on the Afternoon Edition program on CBC Garth Materie was featuring a report on the cooler than normal summer. He led in stating that the numbers were in and to no ones surprise it was much cooler than normal with more than a few record cold days.

I was interested to here the data on how deficient we were on heat to bring the crop along

His guest was introduced as head of extreme weather from Enviroment and Climate Change Canada.

The interview was lacking in any data as she just spoke in generalities like it was "a little cooler" and the crop started out lat due to an unusual June.

No words like "record" or "colder" ever came out of here mouth.

It was like a prepared statement.

Garth tried to do an interview but seemed to catch on that she was saying nuthin.

I expect due to the unfortunate situation in that the weather is now politics she feared she might be quoted saying it was a cold year. Editorialized weather?

It's suppose to be data reporting. Who allows them to editorialize?

Comment

Originally posted by Sheepwheat View Post
          Starting in the mid 90s, the government of Canada also stripped down hundreds of former weather collection sites. Mine was one of them. There used to be a reporting site every 20 or so miles. Now? Reporting sites are the ones you see in the pages of forecasts online. From Humboldt to Canora, there are no stations, a distance of about 200 km. There used to be at least five. They no longer exist. And these clowns somehow think they are getting accuracy.
          Les Henry had a few questions and comments on that situation in his Grainews report.

He said that was important info but is all done with computer simulation now.

He used the example that there is no daily temps kept for the whole Melfort/Nipawin area.

Our record highs/lows consist of a period from 2005-2013 on the Enviro-Canada website.

Where did all that data go?

Comment

By slowly getting rid of the rural and countryside measurement locations, correspondingly increases the proportion of urban(heat sinks)locations. By doing this, it's enviable temperatures are going to rise.

Comment

Originally posted by beaverdam View Post
              By slowly getting rid of the rural and countryside measurement locations, correspondingly increases the proportion of urban(heat sinks)locations. By doing this, it's enviable temperatures are going to rise.
              How do you know that they haven't accounted for this already?

Comment

Originally posted by chuckChuck View Post
                How do you know that they haven't accounted for this already?
                They have, and if you bother to check the track record of adjustments, every single time they serve to lower the historical Temps and increase present day.

Comment

Originally posted by AlbertaFarmer5 View Post
                  You are referring to a different dataset. And it is not preferred by the Chuck's of the world because it doesn't show the same warming trend as the ground based measurements.

And yes, there are buoys bobbing around recording temperature data across the oceans, just not to the grid accuracy that these maps purportedly indicate.
                  Like recorded by aliens?

NOAAGlobalTemp is a merged land–ocean surface temperature analysis (formerly known as MLOST). It is a spatially gridded (5° × 5°) global surface temperature dataset, with monthly resolution from January 1880 to present.

Guess who made the maps? With which data? From where? Hint: It's not from aliens on Mars.

Comment

My great uncle Joseph Proudman was one of the first people to measure sea temperature around 1933.

http://www.pol.ac.uk He has quite a legacy but does show how recent most of this data is a mere blink in the history of the earth.
                    Last edited by ianben; Sep 4, 2019, 13:50.

Comment

Originally posted by shtferbrains View Post
                      Les Henry had a few questions and comments on that situation in his Grainews report.

He said that was important info but is all done with computer simulation now.

He used the example that there is no daily temps kept for the whole Melfort/Nipawin area.

Our record highs/lows consist of a period from 2005-2013 on the Enviro-Canada website.

Where did all that data go?
                      It is in large ledger the books. I have one. I also have notes my dad took from the 40’s and on regarding seasonal happenings. Many times back then guys got into the field in April. My first crop was 1992, and I have harrowed in April once in that time. Lots of thirty degree days, several in April. That never happens anymore in April, let alone July.

Glad he made those notes, first crows, first robins first fieldwork, snow melt, runoff, and on it goes. Wish I had been that dedicated.

Comment

Tweety, thanks for doing your research.
                        You originally implied that the NOAA data in the maps was from satellites, you apparently discovered that it is entirely from weather stations as per NOAA themselves. There are some very good satellite datasets, such as UAH, but they aren't nearly as alarming, so tend to be ignored(or adjusted...)

Since Chuck is still counting the pixels, I will help him out, on a grid of 5 by 5 degrees, there would be 864 grid cells in the pacific. Do you think there are 864 weather stations in the Pacific at any given time? Do you know how many there were in the 1980 to 2000 reference period? (hint, the first buoys were released in 2000). There should be large areas of gray with not enough data displayed. How do you calculate an anomaly from an average if there was no data from that period? What is the accepted confidence interval for that?
                        Last edited by AlbertaFarmer5; Sep 4, 2019, 16:53.

Comment

Originally posted by AlbertaFarmer5 View Post
                          Tweety, thanks for doing your research.
                          You originally implied that the NOAA data in the maps was from satellites, you apparently discovered that it is entirely from weather stations as per NOAA themselves. There are some very good satellite datasets, such as UAH, but they aren't nearly as alarming, so tend to be ignored(or adjusted...)

Since Chuck is still counting the pixels, I will help him out, on a grid of 5 by 5 degrees, there would be 864 grid cells in the pacific. Do you think there are 864 weather stations in the Pacific at any given time? Do you know how many there were in the 1980 to 2000 reference period? (hint, the first buoys were released in 2000). There should be large areas of gray with not enough data displayed. How do you calculate an anomaly from an average if there was no data from that period? What is the accepted confidence interval for that?
                          JFC AF5, are you drunk? Since 1983

https://www.ncdc.noaa.gov/data-access/satellite-data/satellite-data-access-datasets https://www.ncdc.noaa.gov/data-access/satellite-data/satellite-data-access-datasets

Ocean satellite since 1981. Interpolation between ships, buoys and satellite. It creates the 1/4 degree OISST.

https://www.ncdc.noaa.gov/oisst https://www.ncdc.noaa.gov/oisst

https://www.ncdc.noaa.gov/oisst https://www.ncdc.noaa.gov/oisst

Comment

Try opening the basement door Chuck! It’s F’n cold out. Don’t need a god damn scientist to tell us that. Those ****in maps are so tainted with fill in the blanks a retarded blind man could see it. If u can control the sun u can control the weather. What we are doing on this planet means hardly **** all. Us your head for more than cut and paste!

Comment

But our region is not the whole globe.

Well CC, my region is all that matters to me, screw the rest of the HOT BURNING world!

Excellent responses all you DENIERS, well done, your common sense thinking is refreshing to read compared to the LIES/BS all over MSM every day!
                              Last edited by fjlip; Sep 4, 2019, 19:38.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...