• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fun fact of the day ..

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fun fact of the day ..

Had 1/2 in rain yesterday
    Started on pea stubble at 11:30 with the Gates coulter harrrow .
    Slicing and dicing lol
    You would not touch this today with a regular heavy harrow
    Was foggy and wet here till after 9am
    Last edited by furrowtickler; Sep 3, 2019, 13:51.

We’re getting close to 12 inches for the year and actually slipped on mud today by the sprayer.

Fun times.

Oh Hurricane Dorian is heading north and nothing will hit our south home this time. Three more revving up n the Atlantic.

Comment

Pharaoh, I think I understand what you're trying accomplish with the methods of your madness, but "overall" I don't think that would classify as a BMP in the Slum of the Ghetto, but neither was swathing wheat this year....lmfao!

p.s., what are those tall green things in the back ground.

Comment

Honest question SF3.

Are there many "mud zone" farmers also down in Florida?

This piece of the world is horrid dry most of the time, and it always seemed odd to me the number of people from this area ended up in Arizona in their retirement years...

Hell, there's so many that many from here refer to mesa/Phoenix as "Special Area #5".

Most lived their while life bitching about the heat, and lack of rain, and then tons of them flock to the desert.

Comment

Originally posted by farmaholic View Post
          Pharaoh, I think I understand what you're trying accomplish with the methods of your madness, but "overall" I don't think that would classify as a BMP in the Slum of the Ghetto, but neither was swathing wheat this year....lmfao!

p.s., what are those tall green things in the back ground.
          Those tall green things are the most noxious weeds known to peoplekind, be extremely grateful if they haven't yet invaded the slum of the ghetto.
          Resistant to all chemical groups except group D, especially D6, D7, and D8, however if they are not treated soon enough, they can become resistant to all but the D8 and larger group.

If you kill one of them, 100's more grow back from their extensive root system, up to 100 feet away, a density as low as 1 per sq meter will kill all crop within 50 feet. They have a nasty habit of sneaking out from their normal location and snagging the end of equipment creating untold carnage.

Their favourite hobby is falling down into crop, onto fences or buildings or powerlines, making sure they continue to do damage even in death.

If they ever get established in the Ghetto, I recommend just moving further south, there is no long term solution.

Comment

Originally posted by AlbertaFarmer5 View Post
            Those tall green things are the most noxious weeds known to peoplekind, be extremely grateful if they haven't yet invaded the slum of the ghetto.
            Resistant to all chemical groups except group D, especially D6, D7, and D8, however if they are not treated soon enough, they can become resistant to all but the D8 and larger group.

If you kill one of them, 100's more grow back from their extensive root system, up to 100 feet away, a density as low as 1 per sq meter will kill all crop within 50 feet. They have a nasty habit of sneaking out from their normal location and snagging the end of equipment creating untold carnage.

Their favourite hobby is falling down into crop, onto fences or buildings or powerlines, making sure they continue to do damage even in death.

If they ever get established in the Ghetto, I recommend just moving further south, there is no long term solution.
            No known pest or insect seems to harm them either. Caterpillars (the soft squishy kind) can strip them clean for years on end and they bounce back stronger than ever. A new fence within striking distance seems to have a magnetic pull on them though .............. especially when cows are near by to this noxious weed and you’re not.

Comment

Originally posted by woodland View Post
              No known pest or insect seems to harm them either. Caterpillars (the soft squishy kind) can strip them clean for years on end and they bounce back stronger than ever. A new fence within striking distance seems to have a magnetic pull on them though .............. especially when cows are near by to this noxious weed and you’re not.
              I was reminded of another malicious activity of these menaces today, they make it virtually impossible to dry any swaths on their northern side, and only marginally better on eastern or western sides. This time of year and later, this effect can be for 100's of feet beyond the tree.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
              • Return to Topic List
              Working...