• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Laugh at Cargil

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Laugh at Cargil

What's a survey?

Better yet, are we supposed to sell at break even?
    What does break even mean?
    LMFAO

Comment

Originally posted by Robertbarlage View Post
      Thats the message theyre all conveying
      Sell when you can make a few pennies an acre so they can gouge more

Comment

So they are:

A) Hoping you're too dumb to calculate it.

B) Hoping they can create a program for you to use so it gives an fudged lower number.

C) Hoping you don't give a shit at all and will produce whatever they want for whatever price.

Comment

Cargill just sucks period.

Comment

Originally posted by 15444 View Post
            So they are:

A) Hoping you're too dumb to calculate it.

B) Hoping they can create a program for you to use so it gives an fudged lower number.

C) Hoping you don't give a shit at all and will produce whatever they want for whatever price.
            All of the above. Most don’t know any of this.

Comment

Just grow it, everyone else in the Indusrtry will give you and leave you with enough to want to do it again.
              You're the hub of the "big wheel".

Farming is more addicting than meth.

You're nothing more than the Industry Pimp's "Hoar"
              Last edited by farmaholic; Sep 1, 2019, 14:25.

Comment

Maybe it's to generate a list of who to text low ball offers to? - those ticking option 3 will be contacted first!

Comment

what if a farmer responded to Cargill by saying my breakeven on wheat is 6.75/BU, yet there bid is $5.75. What would Cargill do, pay the $6.75?

Now if i tell Cargill what my breakeven is, will they tell me what there margin is based on their current bids?

insane industry.

Comment

Tell them break even is Cargil price plus 20%. See if they have a morality clause kick in.Taking bets.

Comment

Three years ago cargill wouldn't buy half a single axle of wheat screenings unless contracted three months ahead, good thing my sixteen year old is 6.3 and 220 lbs and dragged me out before I throttled someone.

Comment

Originally posted by farmaholic View Post
                        Just grow it, everyone else in the Indusrtry will give you and leave you with enough to want to do it again.
                        You're the hub of the "big wheel".

Farming is more addicting than meth.

You're nothing more than the Industry Pimp's "Hoar"
                        Just sold $7.60 green canola.......... sometimes they don’t leave enough to make you want to do it again. But I will anyway😎

Never tried meth ............ had one guy work for us for a few months that had done it and he was “fried”. He’d close the gate after we moved a truck through and he was on the wrong side more than once. 😉

Comment

My favourite Cargill story. Used to be involved with a chicken farm. Cargill had a poultry program where they supplied feed that was actually pretty good, (good recipe anyways) that happened to have a high percentage of wheat in the ration. We also had our grain farm and I was trying to move wheat, any kind of wheat feed, number 1 number 2 etc. anyways they would not buy a kernel, and they were especially not interested in feed wheat as there was just no market for it. I get my poultry feed bill and the price per tonne had jumped rather dramatically, I called a little upset asking for an explanation and was told “feed wheat has gone up and we are having a hard time sourcing any.” I didn’t have a son to drag me away like the earlier poster but luckily (for both of us) my feed rep was a woman and I was raised to never hit a girl.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                          • Return to Topic List
                          Working...