• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So...Where is the mandatory sales reporting for this old news...and..

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So...Where is the mandatory sales reporting for this old news...and..

Why isn't anyone stressing the importance of mandatory sales reporting when a country is coming in and buying larger than normal volumes...

Shouldn't farmers be told before the bins are empty and the market here knows shit...

here is the headline from CBC

Even as Beijing shuns Canada's canola, Canadian wheat sales to China soar

Originally posted by bucket View Post
    Why isn't anyone stressing the importance of mandatory sales reporting when a country is coming in and buying larger than normal volumes...

Shouldn't farmers be told before the bins are empty and the market here knows shit...

As wheat prices go down lol

Comment

Why would the graincos want to tell us or anybody,,, they're making more money than ever !

Comment

Read the article Bucket and the question I have has anyone from the CBC looked at the wheat price lately. Last year I sold my hard red for $7.60 a bushel(#1 13.8 protein), this year at present anything over $6 dollars looks the top or a reduction in price of just over 20%. CPS wheat I sold last year for $6.60 a bushel, right now the best CPS bids are in the low $5 range, so also a reduction of roughly 20%. Canola on the other hand is down in price roughly 10%. Undoubtably Canadian wheat price is based off American pricing which is certainly affected by China not buying American wheat. As usual the CBC article is out to lunch as there will be little money made growing wheat with today's prices! As for sales reporting, it would certainly be nice to have!

Comment

Originally posted by Hamloc View Post
          Read the article Bucket and the question I have has anyone from the CBC looked at the wheat price lately. Last year I sold my hard red for $7.60 a bushel(#1 13.8 protein), this year at present anything over $6 dollars looks the top or a reduction in price of just over 20%. CPS wheat I sold last year for $6.60 a bushel, right now the best CPS bids are in the low $5 range, so also a reduction of roughly 20%. Canola on the other hand is down in price roughly 10%. Undoubtably Canadian wheat price is based off American pricing which is certainly affected by China not buying American wheat. As usual the CBC article is out to lunch as there will be little money made growing wheat with today's prices! As for sales reporting, it would certainly be nice to have!

We received a higher price for our wheat in 1974. Even frozen durum the spring of 1975 was over $7.00.

Comment

Grain is reported on world price. Is there any where we can see the world Cost of Production to compare return on investment?

Comment

So this is a good news story? Price has gone down 20-25% from last fall. And when did these sales to China soar. I’m guessing it was all in the first half of last 18-19 marketing year. And probably have slowed down side China lady was arrested. We did have historically great basis levels last year in wheat. But yes if we had some reporting we could make some informed decisions. Are sales still strong to China? What are new crop sales? Are boats coming waiting to be loaded? Bucket you are so right there is no transparency. If there are strong sales basis levels are not reflecting that here near term. I expect the grain companies have some sales and will need to improve bids to get the wheat they need. basis should improve. They are just trying to take what they can at lowest price possible. Guys are not moving wheat in this area.

Comment

Guys aren’t moving much of anything around here. Elevators are pretty empty and having a hard time loading cars.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                • Return to Topic List
                Working...