• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

This opinion needs to be considered

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dmlfarmer View Post
    Trump supported the Iraq war too. Trump called for bank bailouts too. Trump not only called for massive stimulus, he is injecting massive stimulus into a full economy in the form of tax cuts and running trillion dollar deficits every year. So by calling out Krugman on these issues, you best question Trump too.
    Trudeau put a carbon tarrif on everything and for no reason and then he charged GST on the tax. Talk about that dml. Dare you

Comment

Trump supported the Iraq war too. Trump called for bank bailouts too. Trump not only called for massive stimulus, he is injecting massive stimulus into a full economy in the form of tax cuts and running trillion dollar deficits every year. So by calling out Krugman on these issues, you best question Trump too.

Trump was just some celebrity business man at that time. His off the cuff opinion had no sway and he had no access to the levers of power or inside information.

Krugman has been a columnist forever and a consultant and lobbyist in numerous govts.

Not the same thing at all.

If tarrifs are bad why did skippy put one on everything? Trump didn't put that one on. I would say he saved his country billions from that scam alone.

Comment

Originally posted by fjlip View Post
        Trudeau put a carbon tarrif on everything and for no reason and then he charged GST on the tax. Talk about that dml. Dare you
        Don't worry about DML talking about it...Why isn't Scheer getting media time on it...thats a bit of a worry that Scheer isn't....

Comment

Originally posted by Hamloc View Post
          No offence dml but when I saw that Paul Krugman wrote the article I didn't read it. He is the left of center go to economist. I have read articles where he says that government debt is no problem and that governments should go into debt more than they do now. Having said that there is no doubt Trump's tariffs have influenced the price of parts. At my favourite hydraulic and bearing shop the prices went up not long after the tariffs went on. But dealers sitting with lots full of over priced machinery have certainly added to the parts margin to try and keep afloat. And I agree when Canada agreed to detain Meng Wanzhou that that set us down the path to the Chinese not buying out canola et al. Personally I had hope when Trump got in that he would be an improvement over lifetime politicians like Hillary Clinton but he was not. Unfortunately today Americans will have to choose between Democrats like Bernie Sanders or Elizabeth Warren and on the other side Donald Trump. As far as I am concerned they are all crazy.

As far as Canada goes we have the Liberal's attacking Andrew Scheer for something he said 14 years ago and the msm is piling on. Justin Trudeau said a couple weeks ago that this would a positive campaign with no personal attacks, what a lying piece of s**t. Enjoy your day.
          Thanks Hamlock for what may be the most honest reply given on this forum. Your reply confirms the arguments Krugman makes.

Your reply is the perfect example of those in society who simply refuse to consider any view or the opinion of any person who they perceive to have a different opinion than their own. IMHO, this is the biggest threat to modern society and democracy. Too many people refuse to look at both sides of an argument. They have made up their minds and refuse to consider any other ideas.

I did not ask you to watch some talking heads on CNN or Fox News or listen to the opinions of some highly paid entertainer pretending to be a journalist. I asked you consider the opinion of an economist recognized by the world with his winning of a Nobel prize for his work.

If we are unwilling to question our own beliefs and views, how can anyone take us seriously when we question their views?

Comment

If we are unwilling to question our own beliefs and views, how can anyone take us seriously when we question their views?
            So now apply your virtuous ideal to Trump. Do you think he actually got out of bed one day and decided to be a dick to china and say the hell with everyone, or maybe he was shown something from US intelligence that proved china was a bad actor trying to subvert the US.

Maybe farmers are the least of his concern because he saw china doing something that would harm 350m people, like I don't know embed their tech in our 5G network and spy on us.

You view is so short sighted. All you care about is that dollar off canola. Well Trump obviously has more to worry about like the safety and sovereignty of a great nation.

Comment

I was reading this thread until someone mentioned that Krugman authored the article in question. The NYT is irrelevant most of the time but Krugman is stupid 24/7. He's stupid the way rocks are stupid. The man hasn't had an original thought in his entire useless life. Anyone who takes the time to read his drivel deserves the headache.

Comment

Originally posted by bobofthenorth View Post
                I was reading this thread until someone mentioned that Krugman authored the article in question. The NYT is irrelevant most of the time but Krugman is stupid 24/7. He's stupid the way rocks are stupid. The man hasn't had an original thought in his entire useless life. Anyone who takes the time to read his drivel deserves the headache.
                So farmer bob here knows more about economics than a someone who has studied the subject all his life and won a Nobel prize for his work in economics. Bobby even refuses to even read what Krugman says but knows Krugman has never had an original thought in his life and is stupid 24/7.

I have read a lot of economists from Krugman and Keynes to Friedman to Mises and Hayek and others in between but I must have missed your work. please share some of your work’s titles so I can learn from someone so eminently qualified to judge other economists work as you are able to.

Or change the channel. See what others are saying. Try reading this if you cannot stomach Krugman. https://apnews.com/63343a1c5866403ab7c5e06abbd0e202 https://apnews.com/63343a1c5866403ab7c5e06abbd0e202
                This article appeared on August 29th, same day as Krugmans story. Amazing similarities and Krugman is not the writer, not quoted, or even mentioned in the article!
                Last edited by dmlfarmer; Aug 30, 2019, 22:40.

Comment

I readily admit to being out of the loop, not up to date on events, etc but:

“Trump supported the Iraq war too. Trump called for bank bailouts too. Trump not only called for massive stimulus, he is injecting massive stimulus into a full economy in the form of tax cuts and running trillion dollar deficits every year. So by calling out Krugman on these issues, you best question Trump too. “

Trump was a Democrat back when, and supported Billary. Became a Republican president, then this trade war with China started over imports of Chinese solar panels and washing machines, supporting American industry. China retaliated with duties on American grains, Trump put duties on computers, phones electrical parts, surveillance by China. China put duties restrictions on US grains, began buying from S. America, etc..

I prolly have it mixed up in sequence and details, but he supports Americans, and he made some compensation to farmers. Trudeau putting Meng into detention was a blunder, and no concern for the damage done by it and no compensation while millions if not billions donated to Eastern Canada and foreign entities.
                  I’m pretty lightweight on facts but The Donald seems to go to bat for his country, don’t really see it from our leader, who is good at marching with minorities though, but doesn’t care about oil and grain.

Comment

Interesting comments samhill. ...Trudeau goes after the lbgqt vote while bringing in a bunch of Muslim immigrants whose religion doesn't much care for the lbgqt idea....

Yup this will work out well....

Maybe all those pride parades could be hooked up to a giant generator and produce energy....

When Trudeau is out of office then who will pay the Catholic boy to show up at those events?

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                    • Return to Topic List
                    Working...