• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Supply Management

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Supply Management

This isn't just a little market adjustment, its literally a super subsidy.

US Prices
    Click image for larger version

Name:	US.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	92.0 KB
ID:	778539
    Can Prices
    Click image for larger version

Name:	can.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	68.8 KB
ID:	778540

In the local No frills milk has been around 4.74 per 4L for 2% and eggs can be found for 2.39 or so per dozen. The price gap is real but normally is not that wide.

Comment

It's a snapshot. I have a cousin in NH that I compared cost of living with at one time. At the end of the day, we're close. Ask US primary producers their thoughts.

Comment

Should add it's a very biased snapshot. Average Cdn price in June was just over $3/doz (and note the picture was 18s not 12s and Xtra large not large, then there is the currency conversion to do).
        Retail chains in NewYork were retailing large dozens in the range of $2-2.65 (Canadian $)
        Canadian producers are capturing over 60% of the retail $, American producers under 50%. SM is simply a better system and it is funded by processors/retailers having to pay a fair price not Government/tax payer subsidy.
        My neighbour can't supply the demand for real free range eggs at $6/dozen so why are farmers on here (as Furrow always like to say) pulling down other farmers? Are you seeking company in a race to the bottom?

Comment

How do you actually drink/pour milk from a plastic bag, that’s what I want to know. Must be a Quebec thing.

Comment

Originally posted by Taiga View Post
            How do you actually drink/pour milk from a plastic bag, that’s what I want to know. Must be a Quebec thing.
            The bag fits a plastic pitcher. Cut the corner of bag. Pour. Thought it was just a ‘70s thing.

Comment

Almost a dairy farm a day declaring bankruptcy. Called cheap food and dam the farmers. 2 loaves of bread 1 bus of wheat. What a friggin joke.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
              • Return to Topic List
              Working...