• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

15 stages of canola and other crops

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

15 stages of canola and other crops

What to do
    - say **** it couple days before a frost and swath
    - leave it till it does feeeze then straight cut

Originally posted by Robertbarlage View Post
    What to do
    - say **** it couple days before a frost and swath
    - leave it till it does feeeze then straight cut
    Always swath before a frost has been my motto and it usually works pretty well. By Sept 15th this has all got to be down or desiccated anyway or it will never cure.

Comment

Ya swath but we re talking Still in bloom and some ready to go. Lose any of it and yields are a disaster. If your in a claim fk it swath her up. Just to get it cured to go through.
      Lots of factors if all crop is the same then you have to start somewhere and pick away at something just to get done.

Comment

Two farmers called me today to give me their lentil report. One was 13 bushel - other one in heavy rain region root rot and disease decimated to 6 bushel. I am scared to get into ours.

Comment

More frost loss tonight I suspect.

Comment

Six beautiful degrees at 5 a.m. and the big cloud blanket coming down to help us out. Nice.

Comment

plus 3 and south of town plus 1 just now. Clouds came in and saved the day. or night. Ah Climate change.

Comment

3 here , but we are frost safe now except soybeans
                But a lot of damage has been done already NE of here from 2 weeks ago in this global warming era
                Last edited by furrowtickler; Aug 30, 2019, 07:45.

Comment

Originally posted by sumdumguy View Post
                  Two farmers called me today to give me their lentil report. One was 13 bushel - other one in heavy rain region root rot and disease decimated to 6 bushel. I am scared to get into ours.
                  But just remember there will be guys getting 35-40.
                  So:
                  40+6=46•2=23=1380= average lentil crop in the province = price status quo, maybe dip due to carry in = stuck with crap prices .... AGAIN!!
                  Thx Trudope for all your hard with your support.

Comment

Bigzee, have you seen lentil samples from your area? Fellow just east of here had Lairds in swath through the rain. #1 nice green colour but one from west of city desicated standing through rain, not so good.

Comment

Originally posted by bigzee View Post
                      But just remember there will be guys getting 35-40.
                      Yeah despite the rain we are getting in those ranges but this is on land that hasn't seen a pulse in more than 7 yrs so pretty low disease potential. I do see some other crops with that crunchy look don't seem as good.

Comment

Originally posted by sumdumguy View Post
                        Bigzee, have you seen lentil samples from your area? Fellow just east of here had Lairds in swath through the rain. #1 nice green colour but one from west of city desicated standing through rain, not so good.
                        I have some small greens off .... beautiful NO 1.
                        Very nice green colour.
                        Worthless though!!

Comment

A week of 'normal' weather away from swathing canola here.
                          Mayswell harvest full berries in the spring instead of pepper.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                          • Return to Topic List
                          Working...