• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Chuck, true cost renewables

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The list of problems with renewables is getting long and scary! People are going to die now!!! LMAO

Solar systems are designed not to put anything into the grid unless the grid power is on.

Comment

From Chuck's post:
      "There are no additional transmission lines required as the systems are all hooked up to existing lines."

Surely you don't think you can push your surplus power out to Sask Power lines for free.

APS customers on net metering in Arizona pay for the use of APS transmission lines when they send their surplus to APS lines.

Comment

My system is sized to cover my average annual usage so I shouldn't have a surplus most years.

The interest level in solar is growing because Sask power is making it relatively easy to set up.

Saskpower also has low rates for big industrial users and rates below their distribution costs for farms. These are subsidies and incentives as well.

The net metering program is an opportunity to generate your own electricity. If you are at all interested in a solar system and net metering, sign up soon, as Sask Power has a cap on how much solar power they want at this point.

Comment

Originally posted by chuckChuck View Post
          The list of problems with renewables is getting long and scary! People are going to die now!!! LMAO

Solar systems are designed not to put anything into the grid unless the grid power is on.
          **** you chuckles. It was a real concern from a Saskpower employee. It was a comment on all the cogens in the area.

Comment

Cogens may be a bigger risk.

But as I said grid tied solar systems are designed not to work when Saskpower has an outage. So the risk from solar systems is negligible.

Surely Saskpower has the training and systems in place to prevent this problem. But shit happens because humans make errors and systems fail.

Comment

Originally posted by chuckChuck View Post
              My system is sized to cover my average annual usage so I shouldn't have a surplus most years.

The interest level in solar is growing because Sask power is making it relatively easy to set up.

Saskpower also has low rates for big industrial users and rates below their distribution costs for farms. These are subsidies and incentives as well.

The net metering program is an opportunity to generate your own electricity. If you are at all interested in a solar system and net metering, sign up soon, as Sask Power has a cap on how much solar power they want at this point.
              FFS, you are sending them power when they don't need it ???
              you are using their power in peak demand ??
              pay for the transmission cost FFS?
              why in **** should we subsidize your little green experiment ???
              better yet, get off the grid
              E.B. Campbell dam (aka Squaw Rapids) from a simpler time , hardly gets used anymore
              we don't need this solar shit at twice the cost

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
              • Return to Topic List
              Working...