• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Friday Crop Report on a Thursday!

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SASKFARMER View Post
    The two worst seeded crops in our area are with 5710 and the old Flexicoil 5000. The whole farm except peas is a shit show. Patchy, dirty etc. These are excellent farmers who this year for some reason have issues. A few years back in the wet years, I would have traded in a heartbeat. New series drill on one farm is better but still not as good as 3320 etc. Just whats happened in our area. Shallow seeding in spring also didn't work. Our last section of canola is an example of a field that we should not have listened to the weather forecast and sunk it a little deeper. Drill two was set for deeper and had better results; you can see the difference.
    We listened to the forecast and the forecast was a joke totally wrong predicted 80% rain for 2 days 3 days ahead so we didn’t seed as deep. Not that it made that much difference everywhere since most of our farm was very dry. But the fact is same as harvest swathed some because predicted week no rain and it hasn’t stopped one day later it rained. The stuff guys seeded too deep never had a chance to be a crop even if rain would have come sooner.

Type of drill really not an issue once you get this dry.

One thing that I noticed though was broadcast or side banded fertilizer nitrogen appeared lost more than the banded but the banded dried the soil even more were even later mature but better later due to nitrogen.
    Last edited by the big wheel; Sep 3, 2019, 06:42.

Comment

I am just saying what I saw in our area. Yes, we had probably better subsoil moisture than you did.

Comment

Subsoil moisture - money in the bank.
        I'm not feeling too bad about our results this year considering we started out broke

There was no point seeding deeper. Moisture was poor farther down and soil temp was too cold.
        Lots came up okay and just sat there.
        Click image for larger version

Name:	WP_000805.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	96.9 KB
ID:	767707

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
        • Return to Topic List
        Working...