• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What’s happenning in Edmonton?

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What’s happenning in Edmonton?

Climate emergency declared? Just curious what’s that all about?

What is Redmonton NDP city council up to now?
    They not happy about their cool summer?

Throwing millions of taxpayer $ at random causes should solve the cool weather?

Comment

Not to worry Kenny and company will fix it lol

Comment

All you hear about is rhe lack of work and empty houses and out of nowhere there is a climate emergency in Edmonton? They think they need to slow things down maybe? Lol

Comment

Ironically they picked one of the wettest and coolest summers to declare this which I don’t get. The county north of us declared an agricultural emergency due to the conditions I mentioned which is real and tangible. Still lots of first cut hay that hasn’t made yet and it’s sprinkling again tonight. Been another bugger of a year (like the last four already) so far and the trend looks to continue.

If they’re basing it off of temp readings at the international airport then they’ll keep climbing as the beautiful land gets developed around it. The self fulfilling prophecy...........

If they were serious about energy use they’d cut back or kill a bunch of street lights ........... last I checked and cars have headlights. I can see the sky glow from my place and I’m 60 miles out. My city cousins always comment on how dark it is out here at night and it’s a lot brighter than before as the coal mine gets closer and the from the oil wells and flare stacks.

Comment

https://www.thestar.com/edmonton/2019/08/27/edmonton-city-council-declares-state-of-climate-emergency.html https://www.thestar.com/edmonton/2019/08/27/edmonton-city-council-declares-state-of-climate-emergency.html

No mention of money yet, but they've got a long way to go to beat Saskatoon city council dollar figure.

Comment

Ever watch a group of ostriches walk out of a barn?
              Single file, one behind the other. Till the lead one comes to the fence. The whole troop stops. The rear one looks around, sees space behind it, and starts trotting the way they came. Till he now hits the barn wall. The rear ostrich looking around, sees the open barn door and the whole troop happily repeats this process all day.
              Climate change same thing.
              Reminds me of a blaring headline years ago in a Catholic newspaper.
              "CWL calls halt to nuclear arms!!"

Comment

This is so absurd.
                There are homeless people in Edmonton. I am sure there must be crumbling infrastructure, unemployment has increased.
                Special interest groups have managed to encourage city council to promote this kind of fu€kery?
                Seriously....Jesus take the wheel.
                Last edited by hobbyfrmr; Aug 28, 2019, 00:17.

Comment

I love how the one councillor says they have to spend billions on “flood proofing” the city. Building on a floodplain in a river valley is just stupid and is caused by poor planning not a “climate emergency”. Ma Nature wins every time ............ some people just don’t get it.

Comment

So sad to see so many people in public office fall into the climate Scientology cult.

Comment

One finally starts to realize the insane are running the insane asylum now. Oil city, and this is the shit for brains people elect.

Comment

Originally posted by hobbyfrmr View Post
                        This is so absurd.
                        There are homeless people in Edmonton. I am sure there must be crumbling infrastructure, unemployment has increased.
                        Special interest groups have managed to encourage city council to promote this kind of fu€kery?
                        Seriously....Jesus take the wheel.
                        Amen brother! There are too many people who have toooo much time on their hands to think up stupid shit and convince all of their studid cohorts to run with this crap!

Comment

Same old lie...Click image for larger version

Name:	Dumb ****.jpg
Views:	4
Size:	87.5 KB
ID:	767680

Click image for larger version

Name:	Hitler lies.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	81.4 KB
ID:	767681

Comment

Originally posted by SASKFARMER View Post
                            One finally starts to realize the insane are running the insane asylum now. Oil city, and this is the shit for brains people elect.
                            Don't forget. Edmonton has always been the govt city. Union City.
                            Been a hard red core as long as I've known.

Comment

All of canadas cities are the same. In the rural outskirts usually conservative. ridings over lapping rural and urban split liberal and conservative, then in the downtown cores are the hardened commies and now green freaks.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...