• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Faun Fact of the day ...

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Faun Fact of the day ...

Corn in Nebraska ..

Looks like a guy from the USDA. Rain makes grain!! Crops are flourishing!
    It’s Aug 27 and 10 degrees at my place, and 19 for a high, great day for cutting lentils.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20190827-063632.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	15.8 KB
ID:	767674

The market knows there is lots of corn.

Same with MinniWheat....they know there is lots of quality wheat.

Canola is flat, thank goodness.

Comment

Ok, I drove to Edmonton and then down to Calgary and back to Regina.

Nicest thickest canola is from Vermillion to Red deer, but it has flooded spots like our 2008. So higher ground 60 flats zero to 10 — Regina to Battleford nothing to write home about. The one excellent field at Craik is cut and looks not bad.

It's late and looks like it froze in different spots over the last while. Cornfield north of Saskatoon leaves was white. In low areas.

But canola dropped and is below range — Gee same as the water picture its total bullshit what this crop will yield.

Comment

Hutts started straight cutting canola yesterday, awaiting the numbers, should be high 60s. 🤣🤣

Comment

Originally posted by bigzee View Post
            Hutts started straight cutting canola yesterday, awaiting the numbers, should be high 60s. 🤣🤣
            Lucky Bastards

There's no Commandment against embellishing, is there?
            Last edited by farmaholic; Aug 27, 2019, 07:05.

Comment

Originally posted by farmaholic View Post
              Lucky Bastards

There's no Commandment against embellishing, is there?
              With a grade 8 education their math is a little different than ours.

Comment

That was funny BigZee

Comment

A few forecasts I have looked at show no strong drying days for the next 10 days. After the recent rains it could be very frustrating trying to get started.

When September hits it always seems like someone pulled the d****s

Comment

Originally posted by farming101 View Post
                    A few forecasts I have looked at show no strong drying days for the next 10 days. After the recent rains it could be very frustrating trying to get started.

Was just going to start a thread about poor burn down with glyphosate...or heat with glyphosate. ...and even with reglone/dessica....

Not enough hot days?

Crop is ready but weeds won't dry.....small or big they just won't come down. ...

Comment

Originally posted by farming101 View Post

Someone pulled the d****s here the end of the 1st week of August.

I've got durum that's 125 days old, wheat that's 120. Still not ready.

Comment

Originally posted by helmsdale View Post
                        Someone pulled the d****s here the end of the 1st week of August.

I've got durum that's 125 days old, wheat that's 120. Still not ready.
                        Desiccate with the swather.

Comment

Soon as you fire it up, there will be a US hurricane come on shore and finish us off for a month.

Comment

There is some barley thats f$&ked here already from the swather and 5 days rain

Comment

Some swather work done on barley. Add 1-2 inches of rain. Oh boy. Saw this movie before...

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...