• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

From a mate in Epicentre of drought

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

From a mate in Epicentre of drought

He jokes his good crops are twice as good as this.
    No tilled sadly no rain i think 1.75 inches for year to date
    NW victoria anyone konows it mildura area

Click image for larger version

Name:	madsnake.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	75.3 KB
ID:	778528

Normally crop should be heading

Comment

There aren’t even weeds growing there. Can any animals survive in that desert?

Comment

Wow, that's brutal.

Comment

As the saying goes. Just when you think you have it bad. Someone has it worse. Not good.

Comment

Is there insurance for that? How much $ per hectare? Premium and Indemnity.

Comment

I often thought about desertification of the area we farm.
              Clearing brush or draining sloughs.
              Hot dry desiccating winds.
              What happens if the June monsoons don't materialize?
              Droughts are disheartening.
              Hotter and drier wouldn't bode well for this area.

Comment

Wow , but some marketing “expert” will still call that area average yields
                That’s the sad fact

Comment

Is this a first time drought for that area or an area prone to droughts over history? Will the trees survive? Looks unreal.

Comment

Originally posted by malleefarmer View Post
                    He jokes his good crops are twice as good as this.
                    No tilled sadly no rain i think 1.75 inches for year to date
                    NW victoria anyone konows it mildura area

[ATTACH]4759[/ATTACH]
                    Ouch😳

That’s just brutal. Is that last years stubble or this years dead crop. My thoughts go to anyone with livestock as that’s mind numbing as to dealing with that. If I could I’d send the last 10 extra inches of rain your way as they’re not doing any good here anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by farmaholic View Post
                      Is there insurance for that? How much $ per hectare? Premium and Indemnity.
                      err i presume thats sarcasm......no insurance here mate, multi peril just getting off the ground.

Hail and fire and some do frost.

forgotten other questions yes its a low rainfall area but beautiful soil he is third generation i think, when they have a bumper year they have a bumper. But to far between.

This guys has no stock.

Probably others in the area that have stock only and no crop its not to far to "station" country.

Last year a very poor year this year shocking.

It a vetch crop sown on stubble for hay i beleive, thinking it didnt germinate and incessant winds.

Of course you dont like pondering and asking questions.

Theres a fair junk of his area same or worse and plenty of NSW and Southern qld bad but maybe not quite so erodable.

This guy is a "A" listed farmer.

Reckon i covered your queries.

My ranch were on 194mm for year were about dead on average but bear in mind last year dreist on record and little if any subsoil moisture so not any gas left in tank.

According to experts my yield potential if normal rain occurs and no frosts is 1.8 to 2 t/ha.

Forecast are for drying trend but my area we keep getting 3 to 7 mm falls every 10 to 14 or so days so we keep getting toopped up. Mid sept to oct we change from winter to summer , spring hasnt really happened to much in last 15 yrs. Go from high teen low twenties to low thirtys in space of about a 2 weeks no gradual warming.

Comment

Thanks for the real info Mallee
                        Not a word has been said in grain markets about such drought.
                        Drought in Saskatchewan was bad in 2000-2002 . But not quite like that . Sick feeling when the rains never come

Comment

Originally posted by furrowtickler View Post
                          Thanks for the real info Mallee
                          Not a word has been said in grain markets about such drought.
                          Drought in Saskatchewan was bad in 2000-2002 . But not quite like that . Sick feeling when the rains never come
                          Talk here on traders WA will supply export demand Sa and Vi will supply domestic into NSW and Qld Prices will hold.

Appears we’re gonna lose a fair slash of China se Asia to the ruskies some done deals already.

Think about it makes sense china would go straight to Putin during current turmoil.

Jazz others my disagree but I’m starting to side with chuck on this one. Starting to hurt Aussie farmers and we’re on the sidelines o it all drinking beer and rum not rooting for anyone

Comment

Originally posted by malleefarmer View Post
                            err i presume thats sarcasm......no insurance here mate, multi peril just getting off the ground
                            No sarcasm intended. How the hell do you manage that risk?

Comment

Originally posted by farmaholic View Post
                              No sarcasm intended. How the hell do you manage that risk?
                              You don't farm like Canadians do by being the highest price per acre producers in the world and then beg constantly for government welfare handouts when the crop isn't perfect. I'm not sure who actually has it worse in the end, them or us. Probably us since it is not sustainable in any way.

They just have drought to deal with. We have rich entitlement which is far worse.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...