• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Help me understand?????

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help me understand?????

So we send our troops all over the world and put their lives on the line for different world issues....Thousands come home and Trudeau effectively says he has no money for supporting them for their sacrifices....

Many people to protect our values over the years...

Are 3 people worth our loss of economics....Is the Huawei executive and two Michaels worth losing our economy in western Canada???/

Our troops have lost their lives for quite a bit less....

Just something thats been bothering me for a while...What makes these three people so valuable???

Considering our PM ignores ethical laws any chance he gets????

I think you are looking at the case of the Micheal's from the wrong point of view. They are collateral damage from the government's screw up with the phone chick's apprehension. Put the shoe on the other foot, if it was you or someone you loved being detained in China you would want everything done to secure their release. They are not the cause of our economic losses, there is a myriad of other causes.

The military on the other hand is a whole different ballgame. These are volunteers, some who literally give up their lives for us, in return to be completely ignored by the very politicians that sent them to protect us. I don't give any politician a pass on this, I think all parties have shortchanged our soldiers. That being said our current PM had the audacity to tell vets that "they are asking for more than we can give", then turn around and hand out millions to a known terrorist, and want to repatriate those who our vets fought against. We should be very ashamed of the way our government's treat veterans.

Comment

That helps...to separate the two issues..

But Trudeau can't bring them home or if he does before the election then it can't help but being thought of as planned...

There is part of the problem....people wanting to go to these countries....people are leaving in droves from these countries and people from Canada want to be do-gooders ...its stupid....

We are a country of 35 million with resources to feed and fuel the world....thats where our focus should be....

Comment

Originally posted by Misterjade9 View Post
        I think you are looking at the case of the Micheal's from the wrong point of view. They are collateral damage from the government's screw up with the phone chick's apprehension. Put the shoe on the other foot, if it was you or someone you loved being detained in China you would want everything done to secure their release. They are not the cause of our economic losses, there is a myriad of other causes.

The military on the other hand is a whole different ballgame. These are volunteers, some who literally give up their lives for us, in return to be completely ignored by the very politicians that sent them to protect us. I don't give any politician a pass on this, I think all parties have shortchanged our soldiers. That being said our current PM had the audacity to tell vets that "they are asking for more than we can give", then turn around and hand out millions to a known terrorist, and want to repatriate those who our vets fought against. We should be very ashamed of the way our government's treat veterans.

Not only veterans and his and Harper’s mistreatment of them , Trudeau rallies for female empowerment yet fired the two most powerful female MP’s who disagreed with him. What a putz!

Just read an article about Liberals’ fear that their last voter won’t show up for the October election - oh damn!

Comment

Don't worry, Ralph will vote for himself.

Comment

Originally posted by bucket View Post
            What makes these three people so valuable???
            Its going along to get along that has got us in the jackpot we're currently in. And by "us" I mean the entire western world. Whatever you think of Donald, he's a disruptor and he's long overdue. Obama was the ultimate apologist appeaser and look how well that worked out. Nobody in the world takes Sock Boy seriously which is why Canada won't get any movement from China or India while he is our PM.

China is not "a" rising world power. China is "THE" rising world power. They'll do whatever the rest of the world lets them get away with. I despise a lot of what Trump stands for but he's the only current leader who is calling China out for who they are.

As far as the specific circumstances of the 2 Michaels, I feel some sympathy for them and their families but nobody held a gun to them to force them to go to China. Its a big world and I have long since resigned myself to the fact that I will not see all of it so I will focus on places where the travel risk reward is acceptable to me.

Comment

The government would rather make up some useless government jobs and they can retire at 55 with a pension and lots of times not do anything for the country. Yet poeple go overseas to protect us and government treats them like crap. I said government not the regular joe who would appreciate there work overseas.
              Last edited by Radical; Aug 25, 2019, 11:29.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
              • Return to Topic List
              Working...