• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sheepwheat on sale now

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sumdumguy View Post
    For shishliki we used the rumps of an older ewe cubed, layer them in a crock(don’t know if a crock makes a difference) with layers of onion, salt, pepper, oil and lots of lemons. These cubes marinate for about 5 days, I think. It’s been awhile. When marinating is done, the cubes are then stacked on long steel rods and suspended over an open, intensely hot fire pit, filled with poplar(I think) that is started hours before. Summer sportsdays were made special with a big slice of home made bread and a plate of shishliki. I suspect these feasts go on up north today, fill me in. Fond memories of my childhood at Mikado.
    Still goes on today. The event of the year is always the shisliki day at the end of June in Veregin. You havn't lived until you go there.

Comment

I was going to try with some culls next year. Might be a good way to use that resource.

Comment

Most of use here eat lamb basically up to 15/16 months of age or hoggett 16 to say 24 month.

Anything older is sold for export to middle eastern countries they must prefer older meat.

Comment

Allis, please let me know when they have Shishliki days in Verigin. We’ll make a weekend at Madge with our grandies. Verigin is really close to Mikado and many buildings that I remember still stand.. My dad owned land just north of Verigin and our old house was moved to that district. Many old friends still farm there.

Comment

Originally posted by sumdumguy View Post
            Allis, please let me know when they have Shishliki days in Verigin. We’ll make a weekend at Madge with our grandies. Verigin is really close to Mikado and many buildings that I remember still stand.. My dad owned land just north of Verigin and our old house was moved to that district. Many old friends still farm there.
            It's always the last weekend in June. There is a Facebook group called Veregin Shishliki that has the info on it.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
            • Return to Topic List
            Working...