• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

China Done

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AlbertaFarmer5 View Post
    For the answers, read the article I posted above about Africa.
    Which article? I don't see it here.

Comment

If it wasn’t so serious it would be hilarious to limit the China problem to Democrats and liberals. The liberals have done a terrible job yes but who was the sask party all scandalled up with on the gth and irrigation deals? That are still costing us all big dollars. Was supposed to be Chinese workers running those things. Turned out to be a scam that hasn’t been revealed fully due to incompetent opposition.
      In alberts years ago there were camps of undocumented Chinese workers that somehow got in and were working on the oil sector that got hushed Under the rug also.

Comment

Sorry, the link I meant to have posted was this:

https://www.breitbart.com/africa/2019/08/05/local-media-chinese-increasing-unemployment-nigeria/ https://www.breitbart.com/africa/2019/08/05/local-media-chinese-increasing-unemployment-nigeria/

Originally posted by littledoggie View Post
        Which article? I don't see it here.

Comment

Originally posted by the big wheel View Post
          If it wasn’t so serious it would be hilarious to limit the China problem to Democrats and liberals. The liberals have done a terrible job yes but who was the sask party all scandalled up with on the gth and irrigation deals? That are still costing us all big dollars. Was supposed to be Chinese workers running those things. Turned out to be a scam that hasn’t been revealed fully due to incompetent opposition.
          In alberts years ago there were camps of undocumented Chinese workers that somehow got in and were working on the oil sector that got hushed Under the rug also.
          Now you are coming around wheel and see what trump is working against. There are rumours of actual Chinese soldiers roaming around in the BC wilderness near some of these projects.

There is no foreign investment from china or in china. There is only control.

Comment

I admit im a right leaning voter and have right leaning principles and morals.

But the tarriff issue is really hitting home in Aust particularly for guys like me with wool prices have basically collapsed 25% in last 6 weeks. Historically still top 20% of prices but china is just not buying.

Nothing to do with boycott of australian wool just they i presume cant sell there product.

Latest use for wool say in last two years some how used in production of sneakers adidas nike etc people want more "natural" products in there shoes, the tongue and sides i guess and supposedly 8% of the wool they buy is used for just that.

And politically seems australian govt is walking on glass with a few issues "we dont want to upset USA and same time we dont want to upset china". Trade deals, barley sales, stuff we import from china, a real can of worms at the moment.

And a dumb question maybe jazz bucket furrow grass someone smarter than me can answer can Trump just announce tarriffs at swipe of a pen doenst it have to be ratified in the whitehouse and have support of both houses?? Thinking i know the answer which is he can do it himself?

Comment

Why do I sense by reading here,,, that if China became destabilized because of Trump, finally standing up to the ChiComs,,, that there are some that post here at Agriville, would see it as a bad thing that the Communists would lose governing power.

That's how whacked some of you leftists are, that hate Trump,,, you'd probably rather see Trump lose and America lose, rather than see the Communists that have been running the lives of Chinese for decades, lose.

Comment

What incentive does China have to do a deal ,that would
                Give anything to Trump.

Less than zero.
                1 1/2 years to the election. Even if Trump were to win it is just 5 1/2 years.

They can wait. Can we.

It might work to bully Canada and Mexico,

but China is just as big a bully.
                Not the same results

Let the grain pile up.
                In The USA.
                South America
                Will gladly supply grain and buy
                Chinas stuff.

A generation or two ago millions
                Of Chinese could starve.
                You think they will fall on their knees, if some factories
                Close and some there is unemployment.
                HAH.

Comment

I don't think either system is working. There's a world wide loss of confidence in govt.

Comment

Trade wars are easy to win except when they are not. I must admit it will be a step up when Trump declares bankruptcy for the whole country.

Comment

Originally posted by beaverdam View Post
                      Why do I sense by reading here,,, that if China became destabilized because of Trump, finally standing up to the ChiComs,,, that there are some that post here at Agriville, would see it as a bad thing that the Communists would lose governing power.

That's how whacked some of you leftists are, that hate Trump,,, you'd probably rather see Trump lose and America lose, rather than see the Communists that have been running the lives of Chinese for decades, lose.
                      Your rhe one that doesn’t understand what’s happenning Russia announces major soybean and wheat deal with China. And rhe fktard in Washington loved by Putin. Another Russian golf course coming for sure.

Comment

I think China has Trump's attention

https://youtu.be/RDrfE9I8_hs

Comment

China (the Party in power) has to worry about millions of starving people, they will not accept the starving that has happened in the past. They are watching H.K. and Taiwan very closely. H.K. will be a dress rehearsal for the bigger problems.

China is not importing beans because their pigs are dead and dying, when they reboot their barns it will take a tremendous amount of protein supplement.

Trump has all sorts of tools left, imagine a climate initiative of 5% more blend in ethanol, that would change the bean corn ratio.

China wants and needs consumers, most of them happen to be NATO member countries. We must look at the bigger picture...

Comment

And Trump only needs to slow china down until this works it ways through. China has a population bomb coming. Older people and no younger consumer based demographic coming up. More males than females. They cant wait out 6 yrs of Trump.

Funny how one child male centered policy has a way of torpedoing a country.
                            Last edited by jazz; Aug 24, 2019, 11:53.

Comment

They need this;

Click image for larger version

Name:	0e7c71338eec498bbb6ad38934627020.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	20.8 KB
ID:	767631

Comment

The*Triffin dilemma*or*Triffin paradox*is the conflict of economic interests that arises between short-term domestic and long-term international objectives for countries whose currencies serve as global*reserve currencies. This dilemma was identified in the 1960s by*Belgian-American*economist*Robert Triffin,[1]who pointed out that the country whose currency, being the global reserve currency, foreign nations wish to hold, must be willing to supply the world with an extra supply of its currency to fulfill world demand for these*foreign exchange reserves, thus leading to a trade deficit.

The use of a national currency, such as the*U.S. dollar, as global reserve currency leads to tension between its national and global monetary policy. This is reflected in fundamental imbalances in the*balance of payments, specifically the*current account, as some goals require an outflow of dollars from the United States, while others require an overall inflow.

Specifically, the Triffin dilemma is usually cited to articulate the problems with the role of the U.S. dollar as the reserve currency under the*Bretton Woods system.*John Maynard Keynes*had anticipated this difficulty and had advocated the use of a global reserve currency called 'Bancor'. Currently the*IMF's*SDRs are the closest thing to the proposed Bancor but they have not been adopted widely enough to replace the dollar as the global reserve currency.

In the wake of the*financial crisis of 2007–2008, the governor of the*People's Bank of China*explicitly named the reserve currency status of the US dollar as a contributing factor to global savings and investment imbalances that led to the crisis. As such the Triffin Dilemma is related to the*Global Savings Gluthypothesis because the dollar's reserve currency role exacerbates the U.S. current account deficit due to heightened demand for dollars

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                                • Return to Topic List
                                Working...