• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Friday Crop Report on a Thursday!

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don’t like those purple spots on radar - looks like a line from Fort to Weyburn. Hope you escape.🍀

Comment

Originally posted by sumdumguy View Post
      I don’t like those purple spots on radar - looks like a line from Fort to Weyburn. Hope you escape.🍀
      Well, the rest of what was heading for us went a bit south then a intense line developed east of us. Dodged a bullet.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20190824-190345.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	20.7 KB
ID:	767634

Comment

H E L P.

I K E A!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Austranada View Post
          Advertising and proud of the fact you're spraying glyphoshit and probably saflufenacil on the nations bread.
          For sure, and while you're at it have some Class 1A carcinogen wine to go with the nations bread. But oh, that's ok because alcohol is socially acceptable and can't get lobbying money for it. You're such a rich white arrogant overfed dickhead on a pathetic mission.

Comment

Couldn’t of said it any better. Thank you he is

Comment

Originally posted by SASKFARMER View Post
              H E L P.

I K E A!!!!!

Get out while you can !!!!

Comment

IKEA - Amazing what pallets can be turned into

Comment

Originally posted by Austranada View Post
                  Yes I'm sure you've done the reliable scientific "thumbnail test" to determine proper timing of your "harvest management". What a joke. When you turn the key on your sprayer let it sink in that you're failing
                  Austranada
                  You just don't get it. Organic production continues to account for under 5% of the farms in Canada. Profitability in organics just has not been good enough to encourage farmers to convert into organics. In fact in my area many of the guys going into organic are the ones going broke and cant afford chemical and fertilizer. In the past few years we have acquired several quarters of land from organic operations winding down. Extensive soil tests before we went on the land showed a soil profile stripped bare of nutrients and not a earth worm to be found. Organic matter was a fraction of our other land just across the fence line. The soil health of land sprayed with roundup and converted to direct seeding has been remarkably improved. There is the saying , leave it better than when you found it and I can say its true with the soils after we started using roundup and reduced tillage. It is easy to find land in most areas that blew in the 1930's and the 1980's. Never again on my watch.
                  I get it with you. Its personal isn't it?. You cant stand the conventional farmer making a success of it. We aren't going away. You will always have personal choice to consume organic products and that's fine. I know I can produce products using chemicals properly that will be accepted by international codex and mrl limits to fill a growing demand. With the world population expected to be close to 10 billion by 2050, organic production will not come close to filling the demand. Not sure how recently you have been to western Canada but it is amazing with the amount of grain storage that went up in the past few years and continues to go up. Here in Saskatchewan we haven't add much cultivated land but wow is there lots of big flat bins and big hoppers going up. All from the use of chemical and fertilizers. Plus gmo's added in. You know I have good neighbours that are organic farmers , most are small and have no desire to expand. Most large conventional farms have sons or daughters coming up and are expanding acres for the kids. That being said my organic neighbours and I understand that we are producing for different markets. I get along with my organic neighbours and don't feel the need to badmouth each other. I can shake his hand at church and share news of goings on. Having different views is great but there reaches a point where its pointless.

Comment

Originally posted by jamesb View Post
                    Austranada
                    You just don't get it. Organic production continues to account for under 5% of the farms in Canada. Profitability in organics just has not been good enough to encourage farmers to convert into organics. In fact in my area many of the guys going into organic are the ones going broke and cant afford chemical and fertilizer. In the past few years we have acquired several quarters of land from organic operations winding down. Extensive soil tests before we went on the land showed a soil profile stripped bare of nutrients and not a earth worm to be found. Organic matter was a fraction of our other land just across the fence line. The soil health of land sprayed with roundup and converted to direct seeding has been remarkably improved. There is the saying , leave it better than when you found it and I can say its true with the soils after we started using roundup and reduced tillage. It is easy to find land in most areas that blew in the 1930's and the 1980's. Never again on my watch.
                    I get it with you. Its personal isn't it?. You cant stand the conventional farmer making a success of it. We aren't going away. You will always have personal choice to consume organic products and that's fine. I know I can produce products using chemicals properly that will be accepted by international codex and mrl limits to fill a growing demand. With the world population expected to be close to 10 billion by 2050, organic production will not come close to filling the demand. Not sure how recently you have been to western Canada but it is amazing with the amount of grain storage that went up in the past few years and continues to go up. Here in Saskatchewan we haven't add much cultivated land but wow is there lots of big flat bins and big hoppers going up. All from the use of chemical and fertilizers. Plus gmo's added in. You know I have good neighbours that are organic farmers , most are small and have no desire to expand. Most large conventional farms have sons or daughters coming up and are expanding acres for the kids. That being said my organic neighbours and I understand that we are producing for different markets. I get along with my organic neighbours and don't feel the need to badmouth each other. I can shake his hand at church and share news of goings on. Having different views is great but there reaches a point where its pointless.

Bins went up here because the elevator closed and I couldn't make the trip to the next one and keep the combines running....it really pisses me off...

Haven't sold a bushel to Viterra ....(the pricks closed a 10000 tonne concrete at Eyebrow and buy ILTA at Belle Plaine that uses conveyors and can't load a 134 car train to match the 17 turns reported by PWC...) since they closed the elevator...

Comment

Thanx, James, sounds like you her cased. 😂 We have positive thoughts- we’re positive we need frost-free until Sept. 23, the equinox.

Comment

Originally posted by furrowtickler View Post
                        Get out while you can !!!!
                        There is only one way out of that store and you have to walk through it all to get there. Very clever layout on their part. My wife drug me there once and never again. 🙄 Besides who wants Swedish sounding particle board made in China??

The one in South Edmonton Common is huge and even comes with a map so you don’t get lost.

Comment

The corn is doing amazing given how cool it’s been all season. This field is 10’+ on average and the others are pushing 8’ now too. Averaging two cobs (some with three) that will hopefully fill out somewhat.

The kids enjoy going to see it although they’re afraid we’ll get lost and not find the van now. 😉

Had to break off the leaves or you wouldn’t see anything. I love experimenting to change things up around here. Especially when they occasionally appear to be working out.

Rest of the crops are ho-hum here except the pasture which is doing great.

Comment

Originally posted by jamesb View Post
                            Austranada
                            As ive said many times have organic farming friends good friends. Chew the fat.He loves nothing more than to inspect crops chem and no chem doesnt pass judgement as we dont on him. There successful and happy. Showed him some agriville stuff once on my ipad, true comment as long as my arse points to the ground, guys like him dont do our cause any good at all. Parsley who doesnt visit agriville much anymore never passes judgement on our farming methods as we dont on hers or any organic guys on here. apart from the obvious.

Not sure if traffic has dropped of on agriville in last 12 months at times i think it has. I vanished for a couple months for agriville detox but addictive came back

Comment

Your corn looks healthy woodland - just a pity it wasn't at that stage a month ago. Mine will be at a similar stage cob wise but is suffering from lack of moisture now as its yellowing with the bottom leaves dried up and falling off. I've never seen so many plants here with 2 cobs either but I'm assuming that works against us in terms of getting one cob to fill and mature?

Comment

Corn in our area looks similar woodland but cool next couple night could be done.

We got 1/2 inch yesterday so up to 11 inches for the year north and west of us 14. They had a down pour last week.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                                • Return to Topic List
                                Working...