• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Alberta & China

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• grassfarmer
    replied
    Originally posted by jazz View Post
    Sure combined population about 50M. USA is heading to 500M with 6 figure household incomes, the reserve currency, all the tech, the financial districts and the greatest military. There is no stopping them.
    Seems to be no stopping your BS anyway - where your ideology is fixed but the facts negotiable.

Leave a comment:

• Zephyr
    replied
    Sure combined population about 50M. USA is heading to 500M with 6 figure household incomes, the reserve currency, all the tech, the financial districts and the greatest military. There is no stopping them.

Im sure many said the same of Rome, Greece, even the third reich.

You are startling

I agree America has some time left.

How much? We don't know. The fall of a civilization is it's people and American millenials especially in cities are not nation or empire builders

Leave a comment:

• jazz
    replied
    Originally posted by grassfarmer View Post
    Another bogus claim from Jazz - try looking up Australia, NewZealand, Iceland, Ireland, Saudi Arabia and Kuwait for starters.

Leave a comment:

• grassfarmer
    replied
    The other stat to note, there is only 1 first world country with a young demographic and thats the US. All other first world young popultions are shrinking and any that are growing are in 3rd world countries....
    Another bogus claim from Jazz - try looking up Australia, NewZealand, Iceland, Ireland, Saudi Arabia and Kuwait for starters.

Leave a comment:

• jazz
    replied
    Originally posted by Zephyr View Post
    No empire lasts forever. To think otherwise is foolhardy at best.

China as a nation and culture is thousands of years old.

The United States not even 500.

Having said that take mb SK bc Yukon and nwt and lets join a real country.

Western values align with the USA far more than Eastern Canada whose values align more with Europe.
    Have a look through the video. China as a modern construct is only about as old as the US. 300 yrs. And its only been a economic power for about 30 yrs. Time is no measure of a modern empire. There is no comparing the empires of old to what the US has become. Does it last forever, who knows but I bet another few hundred yrs is a bet.

As Zeihan puts it that military is the ace in the hole. US can literally destroy any nation at will and not even break a sweat and yes that includes Russian and china. That's something new the world hasn't seen before.

When china can do carrier operations half a globe away competently for 50 yrs, then I will believe they are the next superpower.
    Last edited by jazz; Aug 14, 2019, 11:52.

Leave a comment:

• Zephyr
    replied
    The other stat to note, there is only 1 first world country with a young demographic and thats the US. All other first world young popultions are shrinking and any that are growing are in 3rd world countries. That means the US has at least another couple big booms waiting for it that should propel its economy to #1 forever while the rest fall into secular decline.

He makes point to mention that AB demographics match the US.
    No empire lasts forever. To think otherwise is foolhardy at best.

China as a nation and culture is thousands of years old.

The United States not even 500.

Having said that take mb SK bc Yukon and nwt and lets join a real country.

Western values align with the USA far more than Eastern Canada whose values align more with Europe.

Leave a comment:

• jazz
    replied
    Originally posted by AlbertaFarmer5 View Post
    How do you square that circle? I'm inclined to think Zeihan is closer to
    the truth.
    Think Japan in the 1980s. They had a couple decade run then the US crushed them with currency. Same will happen here.

The Chinese economy is growing at 6% per year. At that pace assuming no US growth at all, they will still need another 50 yrs to overtake the US. They have a debt ration more than 3 times the US and all that did was bring them to 10% of the average US household income. They will eventually hit a debt crisis, deflation and a demographic bomb when all the older working people will need support from the smaller younger generation. Throw in some automation and other disruptors and this story is over.

Leave a comment:

• jazz
    replied
    Originally posted by farmaholic View Post
    Wasn't there an old cliche about a country's greatest resource being it's young people?

I hope a generation or two of affluence hasn't made that cliché passé
    Well 150,000 abortions a day would say otherwise.

Leave a comment:

• AlbertaFarmer5
    replied
    Originally posted by farmaholic View Post
    Wasn't there an old cliche about a country's greatest resource being it's young people?

No, just made it really painfully obvious how true it really is...

Leave a comment:

• AlbertaFarmer5
    replied
    Originally posted by macdon02 View Post
    https://twitter.com/JohnStossel/status/1161615965806891010?s=20

Looks like China is accumulating troops on the Hong Kong border. If they go in, I'm expecting an embargo on everything China.... something is coming here, markets getting pushed to breaking points.
    Macdon, you follow both Zeihan, and Armstrong. Zeihan sees no future for China, Armstrong's projections show China becoming the dominant power and economy, and even gives a date. Both make a compelling case. Many of Zeihan's predictions are coming true already, And Armstrong is usually pretty effective at finding some obscure event and using it as evidence that he was right all along.

How do you square that circle? I'm inclined to think Zeihan is closer to the truth.

Leave a comment:

• farmaholic
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Oliver88
    replied
    Originally posted by macdon02 View Post

Looks like China is accumulating troops on the Hong Kong border. If they go in, I'm expecting an embargo on everything China.... something is coming here, markets getting pushed to breaking points.
    You mean a majority in Hong Kong don’t way to join a communist regime that play the “long game”?

Leave a comment:

• macdon02
    replied

Leave a comment:

• rumrocks
    replied
    Think where western Canada would be with new pipelines and ag sales if we weren't held back by anchor drag from Ottawa and transfer payments to the under performing.

Leave a comment:

• jazz
    replied
    The other stat to note, there is only 1 first world country with a young demographic and thats the US. All other first world young popultions are shrinking and any that are growing are in 3rd world countries. That means the US has at least another couple big booms waiting for it that should propel its economy to #1 forever while the rest fall into secular decline.

He makes point to mention that AB demographics match the US.

Leave a comment:

• Reply to this Thread
  • Return to Topic List
Working...