• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Gotta love them protesters

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AlbertaFarmer5 View Post
    On that exact subject in a previous fake meat thread.

I making the argument that the cost of any product or service is the sum of all energy required to create it, therefore, a safwe assumption that fake meat requires multiple times more energy in total.
    How safe is that assumption though? I agree with your point on the need to look at the whole picture. I am not aware that the calculation to compare the 2 systems has been done yet - but it needs to be.

Comment

Originally posted by littledoggie View Post
      What a wonderful propaganda formula the UN has going for it! Who does their math? The basis of their formula is based on information that is misinterpreting from the start! "Agriculture accounts for 70% of freshwater use" - are they including rainfall in that figure? And it's not like agriculture is taking the water out of the CYCLE.
      By their logic, we need to reject solar panels because they use a certain percentage of sunlight, wind turbines for consuming wind, forests and grasslands for taking a large percentage of sun and water. Will be much better off with just concrete, it uses neither.

Comment

Originally posted by farmaholic View Post
        Chuck, I never meant to be all inclusive, my bad. But I bet there are protest rallies that have many people who are "invited" to protest a cause they have absolutely no knowledge or opinion of.
        And paid for their time

Comment

Nice to look at the peta girls occasionally though , lol

Comment

Is there much difference between the wheat board people and austranada ?

Comment

Originally posted by Radical View Post
              Is there much difference between the wheat board people and austranada ?
              None
              Both pouting about not getting their way and forcing others into their own idealism

Comment

Originally posted by chuckChuck View Post
                So all protesters don't know what they are protesting about? hahaha

It must be comforting to generalize about many things and claim your side only knows the truth.

I am sure you will appreciate the next dumb farmer joke or photo shopped image with the poster assuming all farmers are clueless about environmental issues! That makes about the equivalent point as you are lamely trying to make.

In Australia it seems like farmers have a more enlightened view:

"Farmers call for national strategy on climate change and agriculture" https://www.theguardian.com/environment/2019/aug/08/farmers-call-for-national-strategy-on-climate-change-and-agriculture

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                • Return to Topic List
                Working...