• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Weather Blog for Aug 5

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Weather Blog for Aug 5

Good Afternoon,

Here is the weekly update. I have changed the title to Weather Blog, as I want to make sure to respect the community here and realized using my company name was probably not the best fit for this forum. So I will just name them Weather Blog going forward.

Start with last weeks Comments section: A few popped up about the Frost dates, I have been working Long Range forecasting for 10yrs now its a blast and I enjoy it, but at the same token this will be the first crack at Canada, so as it gets closer I may have to adjust the dates, but right now I feel good with them as first run dates. The biggest thing will be to see when El-Nino resettles in for the winter, right now the past few weeks the ENSO Region has started to drop off, quite a bit but most of that should return, once we get the two tropicals out of the Hawaii area, this will allow the waters to settle and re-push the warmer waters back east into the Eastern Boxes.

This weeks forecast starts with a very wet Western CAN region with multiple storm systems to come through, no Frost as of yet behind these 3 storms, rainfall will be moderate especially over the Calgary Area. While as you head east, look for the heat to remain strong especially over Eastern Montana and into the Western Dakota's, the Plains of Canada look to stay just north of the 32C line, mainly 25-30C looks to be common this week. Also keeping an eye on the two tropical systems over near Japan, as these systems tend to ride further north along the Jetstream as they head over to North America, that will need to be watched to see if they draw any of the 0-3C temps out of the Arctic region at the latter half of this month.

You can find this weeks graphical images below
    http://www.dakotaweatherconsultants.com/maplewx.html Graphical Weather

Also if you need something more detailed than just the blog feel free to contact me, via the website, would be happy to get you something more detailed.

Have a good day
    Meteorologist Joshua Kelly

Thanks 👍.
    It gives us something to watch for as August goes on .
    Never watched those systems coming north off Japan, will be interesting to watch

Comment

Interesting, I always like long range weather forecasts, thanks for posting.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
      • Return to Topic List
      Working...