• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Here is an interesting headline ....

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Here is an interesting headline ....

Liberals far from done spreading $1.3B in tariff revenue to steel, aluminum sectors

I don't think steel prices have come down since the tariffs came off....so its a win-win for the steel companies ...they get higher prices plus the tariff money....

And yet the CBC was saying in the states its the American consumer paying for all the tariffs ...

Here in Canada the tariffs were collected and returned to the steel companies....

Very confusing...

Point being the steel industry is doing fine ....considering they are on government support ....Evraz received 40 million...

Maybe our farm representatives should read the article....tariffs hurt the primary agriculture producers in western canada and yet there is no help from government....because farm reps hear that the crops are great from the weekly saskag report...

I have seen durum fields go from grass green to white this past week from the heat ....but its all sunshine and lollipops...

BTW they make steel every day of the year ...rain or shine,,,hot or cold....and if they make a mistake they can recycle it....

Originally posted by bucket View Post
    [B]

I have seen durum fields go from grass green to white this past week from the heat ....but its all sunshine and lollipops...
    This year is slowly closing out to something pretty gloomy. Yes those early cereals took no heat and went from pale green to white in just a few days. Some later doing better. Some lentils have pretty good disease pressure going and the canola just doesn't look like most yrs. The later rains brought it along but nothing like usual. And the lateness is a big concern. Some canola still mid bloom. We will need all of Sept 15 to get this cured.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
    • Return to Topic List
    Working...