• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wrong forum but geez grass whatcha reckon

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wrong forum but geez grass whatcha reckon

Not a mention its highly processed not a mention it tastes shitzenhousen not a mention how much energy used to produce a kg of this stuff but mention it with beef cows.

But guess its what your up against as beef producers.

really honestly not getting much airtime presstime or any thought in australia seems to be a northern hemispshere phenomina at moment but WILL get to oz in a big way im sure.

Think aussies love our lamb first beef second so may take a while to catch on to consumers.
    ps i prefer steak but love lamb/mutton.

https://www.outsideonline.com/2399736/impossible-foods-beyond-meat-alt-meat

Yeah, we'll see, not too worried about it personally and there probably is some room to reduce meat consumption a little. I googled the author of the article and see his last article was titled "Is sunscreen the new margarine?" Don't know if it is or not but there is a fair chance this fake meat could prove to be the new margarine.

Comment

Will always enjoy a well- barbecued steak with new potatoes, fresh cucumber salad, just remembering last night barbie at the farm. 👍Keep pumping out those nice steaks Grassie.

Comment

Originally posted by grassfarmer View Post
        Yeah, we'll see, not too worried about it personally and there probably is some room to reduce meat consumption a little. I googled the author of the article and see his last article was titled "Is sunscreen the new margarine?" Don't know if it is or not but there is a fair chance this fake meat could prove to be the new margarine.
        It seems paradoxical when you consider who these products are marketed to. The target demographic will typically also be into natural, organic, unprocessed, chemical free, hormone free,salt free, gmo free food with a short list of ingredients that can be read without a dictionary. Either the consumers will have to put aside their long list of requirements for the sake of being vegan, or else the manufacturer will have to find a way to do this without all the processing and ingredient list. Or else, this may not go far, considering the price point, it is not targeted at the average blue collar fast food burger connoisseur.

Comment

Originally posted by AlbertaFarmer5 View Post
          It seems paradoxical when you consider who these products are marketed to. The target demographic will typically also be into natural, organic, unprocessed, chemical free, hormone free,salt free, gmo free food with a short list of ingredients that can be read without a dictionary. Either the consumers will have to put aside their long list of requirements for the sake of being vegan, or else the manufacturer will have to find a way to do this without all the processing and ingredient list. Or else, this may not go far, considering the price point, it is not targeted at the average blue collar fast food burger connoisseur.
          Hence my reply to Tweety about a week ago that his picture of a feedlot was fairly easy to counter with a photo of a sprayer in a field of peas. I do agree that their target market is unclear - they make the point that it's not just for vegans but intended for a broader audience. To get your average joe junk food eater it's going to have to be cheaper than meat I'd think.

Comment

Imagine being in the "fast food", "junk food" category....how do you shake that reputation? But I assume that to most of the people they appeal to....it doesn't matter anyway.

Don't know the last time I ate at McDonald's, Burger King. Rarely Dairy Queen....and I mean rarely...just for a small blizzard because anything bigger and it feels like I'm hyperglycemic. Fries are a "treat" to me, not a staple.

What surprises me is why companies think they have to re-invent basic foods, mimic an already good thing with some concocted recipe of ingredients, artificial flavors and preservatives.

Whole foods anyone?

Comment

Guess cheapest meat over there is same as here chicken and pork?

Read another article somewere fake beef will at some point price itself out of the market if prices collapse of beef and lamb because of it.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	20190803_165048.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	88.5 KB
ID:	767546

Make boneless pork chops or pork loin roasts. $2.00 lb. What is the fake meat worth?

Comment

Originally posted by farmaholic View Post
                  [ATTACH]4629[/ATTACH]

Make boneless pork chops or pork loin roasts. $2.00 lb. What is the fake meat worth?
                  That’s what my wife does too. Or dice it into cubes and bread them and bake in the oven. Cheaper than buying anything with a bone in it and better taste too 😎

Comment

I can Only Imagine the incredulity of the advertising agencies when they learned the details of this account.

"You mean after all the money we have spent convincing people about the evils of processed unnatural foods, you want us to contradict all of it?"

I can see a conflict of interest arising if the same agency represents any "natural foods" company, and these guys.

Comment

The cowboys have nothing to worry about. Bought some “Beyond Meat” the other day and it was “Beyond Human Consumption”....absolute crap taste, texture and tastes chemically in my opinion. It reinforced in my mind how many times we have these great ideas to change the World, hop on the band wagon and it turns out to be a flop. It would work if it was the last thing on earth to eat. Sometimes the true and tied things that are perfect now, like moderate meat consumption, are hard to improve on.

Comment

Devils advocate/sarcasm whatever waiting for someone to enter stage right "how do you know it tastes chemically do you drink chemicals"........no prizes for guessing who.

We can get it at organic section of our local supermarket.....oxymoron there i think lol, but bought 4 burgers to try crap.

I kid you not i have 3 jack russells they would not eat it sniffed walked away kelpies dont give a rats toss bag they eat anything.

JRs are fussy though we get dog rolls of pet food for them for a treat some brands they eat others they dont.

Comment

Originally posted by farmaholic View Post

What surprises me is why companies think they have to re-invent basic foods, mimic an already good thing with some concocted recipe of ingredients, artificial flavors and preservatives.
                          Pure and simple they think their margin will be bigger. They reckon they can buy peas cheaper from farmers than beef from ranchers. Hoping to cash in on a bit of anti-animal agriculture sentiment from the tiny but vocal vegan crowd.

Originally posted by malleefarmer View Post

I kid you not i have 3 jack russells they would not eat it sniffed walked away
                          That shouldn't be a surprise though, dogs don't like vegetables and they wouldn't understand that it was meant to mimic meat which they do like.

Comment

Another one hitting here a bit off topic but same vein is "vegan icecream"

Dairy farmers should be up in arms or there organization as its false advertising and a "true vegan" should think cant eat that its got cream in it.....

speaking of vegans i have one full blown vegan daughter well love her to death accidently bought her chocolates for easter earlier in year, stuff it havent eaten chocolate for that long she scoffed the lot over a two days with her vegan boyfreind so they let there hair down occasionally and enjoy evil stuff

Comment

Originally posted by grassfarmer View Post
                              Pure and simple they think their margin will be bigger. They reckon they can buy peas cheaper from farmers than beef from ranchers. Hoping to cash in on a bit of anti-animal agriculture sentiment from the tiny but vocal vegan crowd.

That shouldn't be a surprise though, dogs don't like vegetables and they wouldn't understand that it was meant to mimic meat which they do like.
                              Much like how Alternative medicines such as homeopathy just don't work on an animal, No one told them that they were supposed to feel better After consuming a drop of harmless water, it seems that the power of suggestion just doesn't have the same effect as it does on humans.
                              Last edited by AlbertaFarmer5; Aug 3, 2019, 19:57.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...